Skyrim facial animation . from custom skeletal rig

AlphaWoIF

Thank once again , seems my max may not be exporting obj files correctly as i can remember the uvw's have also been knows too get messed up.

But i did the work around a exporting them as nilfs and exported the obj's from there and after writing notes on what works and what dont by trial and error i managed to get a couple of expressions working. Happy and sad.

now for the eyes and mouth meshes to.

i do now understand why so few modders have done skyrim face morphs on custom heads now to date i can only think of one so i guess im in the minority Atm.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3231/facewgm.png

Edited by AlphaWoIF

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

i've been recently pursuing what alphawolf planned to do originally, rigging the face with character's skeleton, but i've reached an obstance i can't seem to overcome - there is some mysterious 8-bone skinning limit on head nif (altogether, not per vertex ofc).

i've never had any problem with skinning as many bones as i needed in bodies, but as soon as i skin head with more then 8 bones i'm getting ctd on game load. and it really doesn't matter what bones (vanilla /custom from body / custom from head region) or what skinning (even one skinned vertex per bone with 100% weight), everything's working until i deploy nif with 9+ bone skinned mesh.

when i surpass the limit just slightly, sometimes i survive the load and have those vertices, which are skinned to the 9th bone, exploded. but after one or two npc weight changes from console i get a guaranteed crash. i've tried to break head into same-type partitions to get under the limit, but to no avail - seems the limit is mesh based, not partition based.

tried to tinker with shader flags, partition flags, niavobject flags, all unknown_* attribs ... even when they're all equal to custom body setup, the limit is still there. even tried to give head sbp-32-body partition id, still nothing.

if any1 successfully got head rigging working and is willing to divulge the secret, u'll be forever in my mental hall of fame :smile: