Silent sniper rifle

zythe

What i would love from this game is a silenced sniper rifle.

I prefer the sniper rifle as my main weapon for most of the game and I know this game isn't all that difficult, but i just love the idea of being a real silent killer.

If the rifle was done correctly, then it wouldn't need to be silenced. The range should be out around a mile and the bullets supersonic. If there were only 2 or 3 slow moving or stationary targets, you could feasibly take them all down before they heard the first shot.

What I would really like to see is one of the sniper rifles that uses the .50 BMG round. (Or alternatively the .501) You know... The one that can shoot through armour. ^____^ If I remember right, I had a .50 sniper in Fallout Tactics.

• 4 weeks later...
If the rifle was done correctly, then it wouldn't need to be silenced. The range should be out around a mile and the bullets supersonic. If there were only 2 or 3 slow moving or stationary targets, you could feasibly take them all down before they heard the first shot.

What I would really like to see is one of the sniper rifles that uses the .50 BMG round. (Or alternatively the .501) You know... The one that can shoot through armour. ^____^ If I remember right, I had a .50 sniper in Fallout Tactics.

the .308 fired by the vanilla sniper rifle wouldn't have a prayer at getting to 1 mile accurately. A .50 BMG could with precisely loaded match quality ammo (i.e. not the same FMJ/Ball fired out of an M2)

Fallout Tactics didn't have a .50 Sniper, the Sniper Rifle fired 7.62, only the M2 .50 fired .50 BMG ammo.

You do know that you don't have to based all lore and possible existence of the ammo just in North America...

Geez be more open minded and think:

If there was a war that lasted for 200 years, of course the armies would bring a ton of ammo there. Or at least store it somewhere in the battlefield...

Archived