Far Cry 3 4th of December release

Thor.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have it yet? How's the UPlay DRM? Framerates, Stability, etc.

Game is good for me. I haven't payed much attention to the UPlay, but it hasn't been annoying yet. Framerate seems to be pretty good for me, and I haven't had a glitch or crash yet after six hours of play split up over today and yesterday. I have noticed some texture popping, but it hasn't been too annoying.

The game itself is awesome, especially the wildlife. Was diving into the river, and all of a sudden, a huge crocodile jumped out and almost ate me. I think I jumped like five feet. I will say that the game changes fairly drastically in tone. The opening is much, much grittier than the rest of the game, at least, what I've gotten done so far.

I can't actually play it for too long, as you do a lot of climbing and jumping, and very very chaotic driving, and the first person view gives me slightly motion sickness.

Overall, if I was rating, I'd give it an 8/10.

I did get it as soon as it was released, though I'm already done with the story. That was a bit disappointing. There were a few "bad things" with it, but in overall I like the game, mapping for it is also fun.

Tried it, but i wont get it and here is why: From the technical standpoint it is quite good and i kinda like the story from what i have seen so far (having to fight for the natives). Altho honestly? In the end huge parts of the gameplay just make me think of Just Cause 2 (in first person) and there is no way you can knock people out (aka Hitman/Dishonored). Each time you are literally forced to violently kill someone with a knife over and over unless you want to play Rambo in the jungle (as if we would not have enough of that already). And then top of it there is this hunting mechanic, where you put a huge chunk of bloody meat in your back, when it is supposed to be the skin of the animal. Edited by Nadimos