Weird graphics artifact problem

WillAtwood

This is something I have been struggling with from the very start, but it went away for some time and now it's back!

Restarting the game usually makes it go away.

I have disabled all graphics mods and High Texture packages, but this has no effect.

Even re-installed the game entirely but this has not helped either...

I'm thinking maybe it's my graphics card?

ATI Radeon HD6950

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3KZmbEnxPVPNk8wSGgxbGc4cEk

Edited by WillAtwood

have you set the graphics to the lowest settings for testing, looks like an Anti Aliasing problem.

try to disabling AA at first. all AA

or reinstall latest or previos driver by using CC.

how about other games ?

have you set the graphics to the lowest settings for testing, looks like an Anti Aliasing problem.

try to disabling AA at first. all AA

or reinstall latest or previos driver by using CC.

how about other games ?

Thanks for the reply Osmanli!

I have tried running the game on the very lowest settings with AA turned off, but this makes no difference.

The problem is most prevalent when entering indoor areas...

What I will do is uninstall CC (I'm using the beta) and then install the latest stable drivers.

As far as other games are concerned, never had a problem like this.

OK, I uninstalled all the AMD drivers and software, rebooted and BAM! The problem is cured! :dance:

Seems kind of glaringly obvious now (thanks for the dodgy drivers, AMD!) but the game seems to be doing absolutely fine now on the legacy drivers only!

I might install the stable CC but not unless I really need to...

Thanks for the advice!

You're welcome! :)

But you should definitely install an Driver anyway. Its intended for take the "burden" of the Graphics Card to get the best performance. NEVER play a game without a Driver, not Good :no:

if it was the latest Driver, install the previos one, if it was one of the older ones install the newest. clean your Registry with CCleaner ( http://ccleaner.en.softonic.com/ ) or the Driver Cleaner ( http://driver-cleaner.en.softonic.com/ ) before installing the new one.

an how to do description is in the read me files of the programms.

in simple terms by using the Driver Cleaner :

uninstall Diver

reboot in SAFE MODE ( press F8 during reboot )

run Driver Cleaner and choose AMD ( if you have uninstalled the mainboard Driver too ) and ATI in that case

clean your registry with Driver Cleaner

reboot again

install new Driver or Drivers ( but after an installed one not simultaneously )

and reboot again.

Done

Happy gaming mate :wink:

At first, this Video Link might help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8h2BV_JIrw

Feel free to PM me if you want some support.

When the Card doesnt make any problems in other games you dont need to be replace it. Have you tried to refreshing your Data or ini files per Steam ?

Latest Update ?

if the game is running fine without a Driver, its possibly an Driver issue.??? Which Catalyst version have you ???

Also try to disable Anisotrophic Filtering from the Game itself. Forcing AA and AF via Driver gives Skyrim a Huge performance boost.

If it have the same problem with other games too and is still under warranty, i would say replace it directly. ATI Cards are "susceptible" for that kind of problems.

I've done as you suggested, but unfortunately the problem is still very much there.

Yesterday I completely re-installed the game (including deleting my Data folder), but alas, no change...

It is strange though that this is the only game I've ever had this problem with.

Hmm, that`s weird indeed. The only advice i can give you at the moment is that i know the last stable CC`s for Skyrim are 12.1a and 11.7. Try it.

Are your components overclocked ? if it`s so, that can be the problem. It was in all Bethesda games. If not, you must walk the hard way to find the right Driver.

I can assure you that it`s an Driver problem, not the Card itself. As you said that`s the only game itself.

ATI + Skyrim = :wallbash:

Edited by Osmanli

I will continue testing different versions of drivers...hopefully one of those older ones will sort out the problem. Will update my findings here for everyone's benefit.

Thanks again for your help!

[edit] This is hopeless, I have tried different versions of the drivers and nothing makes any difference. :wallbash:

Edited by WillAtwood