Jin Roh Power Armor

greatbigjerk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the Jin-Roh armor, it needs to have way less leathery/cloth stuff especially in the legs and arms if it's gonna pass as Power Armor. Plus the red-glowing eyes would be way too archetypical and lame. What works in Anime doesn't really work for the wasteland in general.

I'd be happy if it were just plain armour and not power armour, that way I could use it early in the game. And the red glowing eyes were a defining aspect of the armour and worked in the pre-anime film versions as well: Red Spectacles and Stray Dog. (There should be a new anime version coming out soon, too)

good i hope so and as for the red glowing eyes concerned they are a very defining aspect of the armor and it just wouldn't be the same without them but im wondering about balancing issues

I'd say don't make it power armour, just make it a heavy type of armour on par with the Ranger armour or perhaps a little better, DR wise, but without the abundant bonuses the Ranger armour has. Maybe even give it a negative to charisma but a bonus to small arms and heavy weapons.

I would like to point out that by balancing issues what i ment was that if memory serves correct in the film the armor is practically bullet proof and even allows the user to survive an explosion at less than about 10 feet (by all means correct me if im wrong) wich would make it horribaly unbalanced against normal weapons and armor and also it really does turn the user into a small tank especially using heavy weapons but im not saying that would make it power armor.

I read a comment on the Somethingawful forums Fallout 3 modding topic about this and thought it was an awesome idea. The game is in desperate need of Jin-Roh armor (from the movie Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade). It's badass looking and just looks like it'd fit in properly with the current power armors.

Example pictures:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/jeremy_mccurdy/f3/JR01.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/jeremy_mccurdy/f3/Kerberos_JinRoh.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/jeremy_mccurdy/f3/jinroh.png

I looks like it could be power armour for the Tallon company.

Yes the beautiful Necromonger. Yes it calls for you. Beyond the restless dead. It would look "deadly" on my evil character. Yes and the cape too.

By the way anyone know how to add a reflect env. map to a model in the game. This type of armor would look even greater if it reflect something. (in KOTOR you could use the textures alpha to reflect another texture) :wallbash:

Archived