Jin Roh Power Armor

greatbigjerk

but after ww2 japan could not have a official army, hense the JSDF ( japanese self defence force) and im sure that america would have kept its presence in japan, being so close to the chinese mainland, and not wishing to see japan absorbed by the chinese communists. but not much is mentioned outside the fact that america was at war with china over resources.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not use it as the chinese army's power armor? As far as I remember according to Fallout lore the chinese army actually had powered armor before the American one did, but bor some reason, the only chinese military gear we can find in this game is pistols, assault rifles and jumpsuits. Maybe add it in as an item found in a POW camp with cells full of long dead chinese skeletons. It'd be great to have some Fallout lore about the actual war in the game along with the Keller family thing. Most of the lore in this game is about life before the war. Having some about what happened during the war would be great.

CFriis - for one, it's Japanese and it'd be an insult to the origins of the design to change it. For another, Japan is never mentioned at all in the Fallout lore, so it's safer in terms of stepping on future game possibilities to start writing lore on a topic never covered.

omgwtf666 - what does ghost in the shell have anything to do with fallout? it may have been written by oshii as well, but it's a totally different universe than the kerberos saga.

OniB - right, but the nuclear war happens very long after WW2, even though "pre-war" has the artistic look of the 50s.

Angel - I'm beginning to think that trying to merge the two universes wouldn't be a great idea... maybe heavily base a mod off of kerberos, but also make it unique enough that it isn't the same story and it works in the fallout universe?

Angel - I'm beginning to think that trying to merge the two universes wouldn't be a great idea... maybe heavily base a mod off of kerberos, but also make it unique enough that it isn't the same story and it works in the fallout universe?

Coming up with an alternate story wouldn't be hard, but it won't end up changing much if they're still from japan. They would end up going from a special police force to a special branch of the JSDF or something.

What I don't understand is why seeing that fo3 started after ww2, japan lost.... And yet everything and everyone looks like they stepped out of the 1940's?

Everything seems to still look like the American Dream yet its like 2,277 or something.

The apparent era before the bombs fell was an idealized 1950s Leave it to Beaver, I Love Lucy and Father Knows Best type of world. Possibly the Korean conflict escalated to a full on cold war with the Chinese that lasted until 2277 but the social outcasts such as the 50s beatniks, 60s/70s hippies, 80s gen-Xers, etc never became mainstream or affected the social development of the culture. Things like the MacCarthy hearings that brought so much distrust in the government probably never happened, the Vietnam war likely never happened because of the escalating arms race with China (so the peace and love movement never swept the nation). It's likely that in the fallout world, the interminable cold war with China that started in the 1950s had a very nationalistic undercurrent that kept everything moving in the same direction and the government never lost control or trust of the masses as they did in our world. That seems to be the general feeling of it, anyway.

In our world there were several turning points where the different lifestyles and cultures clashed: The Civil Rights Movement, the Vietnam War, Disco (>.>), the first appearance of AIDS, the fall of the Berlin Wall, Glasnost, etc... Most of these turning points (here and ones I haven't mentioned) likely never happened in the Fallout world and the time and culture never changed because the government retained quite a lot of control over what went on. I am curious about how womens' liberation and the civil rights movement happened in the fallout world, or if it happened at all.

Only having played Fallout Tactics previous to this, I don't know the full history, but I doubt that a lot of this was covered in the previous versions as it would all be ancillary to the current state of affairs.

Does anyone know what happened to the USSR in the fallout world? Was it absorbed into China?

Also note that only the aesthetics of the 40s and 50s remained the same until present - make no mistake, the technology in the fallout universe is far more advanced than we are.

http://www.duckandcover.cx/index.php?id=5

Get the fallout bible... issue 0 (which is actually a collection of 1-3) has a timeline.

Btw, the bombs fell on 2077, not 2277.

Archived