Jin Roh Power Armor

greatbigjerk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also note that only the aesthetics of the 40s and 50s remained the same until present - make no mistake, the technology in the fallout universe is far more advanced than we are.

http://www.duckandcover.cx/index.php?id=5

Get the fallout bible... issue 0 (which is actually a collection of 1-3) has a timeline.

Btw, the bombs fell on 2077, not 2277.

My mistake, I got the current game year confused with the year the bombs fell. >.<

A lot of the tech seems very anachronistic. On one side you have things like the

VR Pods

and power armour, on the other you have big vacuum tube radios and "big enormous 12 inch screen" (Nod to LSoH, there, ;) ) televisions in the places that actually had TVs as well as 1980s style 1 piece monitor and keyboard desktop computers.

The timeline of the fallout bible would seem to invalidate the whole feel of the pre-apocalypse world, though. In the decades that precede the bombs, there is so much social and political strife that it was the perfect environment for counter-culture and anti-government movements to thrive and change the idyllic 1950s culture into something drastically different. For us it only took 20 years for it to go from "I Love Lucy" to Woodstock and the deadly university riots where US Soldiers shot and killed American students on their own soil.

It is only a game, though, so one can't expect too much in the way of anthropological accuracy or detail for an alternate earth time line. ^.^ Pretendy Fun Time Games.

I always thought an old school Zaku would make good power armor.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm249/toxicpigeon/zakuda2.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm249/toxicpigeon/47ABC902-7CF7-11DA-8E95-F8EEFA035C8.gif

You would need to make it more humanly proportioned.

I always thought an old school Zaku would make good power armor.

You would need to make it more humanly proportioned.

Yes that sounds great! ^.^

However it would be best if you started your own thread for this as it will just get lost in here. (one of the hazards of coming into a thread and posting a request that has nothing to do with any of the thread's contents.)

sSorry thought it was similar to the nature of Jin Roh armor.

Not a request tho, just thought it would be cool :P

The only similarity is that the concept is japanese in origin and that you are requesting it as a powered armour suit, however all likeness stops there. It is like the difference between an AH-1 Cobra and a F-22 raptor. They are both aircraft and both american, but the similarities end there. It is a good request, though, and deserves its own topic. :)

A lot of the tech seems very anachronistic. On one side you have things like the

VR Pods

and power armour, on the other you have big vacuum tube radios and "big enormous 12 inch screen" (Nod to LSoH, there, ;) ) televisions in the places that actually had TVs as well as 1980s style 1 piece monitor and keyboard desktop computers.

The timeline of the fallout bible would seem to invalidate the whole feel of the pre-apocalypse world, though. In the decades that precede the bombs, there is so much social and political strife that it was the perfect environment for counter-culture and anti-government movements to thrive and change the idyllic 1950s culture into something drastically different. For us it only took 20 years for it to go from "I Love Lucy" to Woodstock and the deadly university riots where US Soldiers shot and killed American students on their own soil.

It is only a game, though, so one can't expect too much in the way of anthropological accuracy or detail for an alternate earth time line. ^.^ Pretendy Fun Time Games.

Well in terms of advanced technology:

VR Pods

Power armor (are you from England or Australia?)

Hand-held laser weapons

Plasma weapons

Pulse weapons (in other fallout games)

Fusion power that actually produces energy

Micro fusion power plants (they're used as AMMO...)

Genetic engineering on a massive scale

Stealth technology

Artificial intelligence

Combat robots

The in-game Garden of Eden Creation Kit

I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of anything right now.

So it's ~200 years from the bombs falling to FO3. The only people alive when it happened are some of the ghouls who didn't apparently age (like the Chinese ones). So how would Japanese para-military forces survive and why would they show up in the DC area this late?

Maybe a large portion of the Japanese government and population fled from Chinese aggression and took up residence in refugee camps on the U.S. East Coast. Their locations wouldn't have been widely known and wouldn't have been attacked with nuclear weapons, so it's possible they all survived and decided to recreate the Japanese Empire on American soil. After nearly two hundred years of building up infrastructure and settling the surrounding area, they've created a very "modern" society with full, although small scale, industrial capabilities, research and development, and food production. It's only now that they've put aside their isolationist ideals and started to explore the surrounding wastelands more, sending platoons of soldiers along with surveyors and scientists in all directions. Their goals would be the eradication of hostile forces and finding fertile grounds to expand into. Hostile forces would be... super mutants and ghouls of all types, raiders, slavers, and even the BoS and Enclave IF they show aggression.

Maybe a large portion of the Japanese government and population fled from Chinese aggression and took up residence in refugee camps on the U.S. East Coast. Their locations wouldn't have been widely known and wouldn't have been attacked with nuclear weapons, so it's possible they all survived and decided to recreate the Japanese Empire on American soil. After nearly two hundred years of building up infrastructure and settling the surrounding area, they've created a very "modern" society with full, although small scale, industrial capabilities, research and development, and food production. It's only now that they've put aside their isolationist ideals and started to explore the surrounding wastelands more, sending platoons of soldiers along with surveyors and scientists in all directions. Their goals would be the eradication of hostile forces and finding fertile grounds to expand into. Hostile forces would be... super mutants and ghouls of all types, raiders, slavers, and even the BoS and Enclave IF they show aggression.

THAT!

Sounds brilliant! :D

I'd love it if their patrols were larger than the 3 man outcast patrols I see constantly having their clocks cleaned by various wasteland baddies. I'd hope they would be smart enough to send out entire squads for their patrols.

I would also love to help write a TC mod that has you starting out as a member of this faction, this Democratic Republic of New Japan. (Maybe? ^.^)

THAT!

I'd love it if their patrols were larger than the 3 man outcast patrols I see constantly having their clocks cleaned by various wasteland baddies. I'd hope they would be smart enough to send out entire squads for their patrols.

I would also love to help write a TC mod that has you starting out as a member of this faction, this Democratic Republic of New Japan. (Maybe? ^.^)

I don't know about democratic republic...

Well according to Fallout lore, the timeline diverged from ours AFTER WW2, so the Emperor is still the Emperor but is no longer the political leader of Japan. When they fled Japan, I'd imagine the Emperor wouldn't leave Japan in order to give the people who also couldn't leave hope. He would however send his family to America.

When the bombs fell, the Japanese refugees would've lost all contact with the Emperor (their spiritual leader) and wouldn't have known if he had survived or not. But regardless, after his death, his son would become the new Emperor, living in America. I think that after the bombs fell, the Emperor's son will never actually become the Emperor for fear of stepping on his father's toes, so only HIS son, the original Emperor's grandson, becomes the new Emperor and so on. That man would again become the political and spiritual leader of the new Japanese government, thus becoming one of the few monarchies in the Fallout universe... every other organization being republics, dictatorships, or theocracies.

So we could call this new government... The Empire of New Japan. Shin Nippon no Teikoku. Or maybe something that sounds better. The shortened form would be "The Empire" which unfortunately draws a lot of parallels with Star Wars.

THAT!

I don't know about democratic republic...

Well according to Fallout lore, the timeline diverged from ours AFTER WW2, so the Emperor is still the Emperor but is no longer the political leader of Japan. When they fled Japan, I'd imagine the Emperor wouldn't leave Japan in order to give the people who also couldn't leave hope. He would however send his family to America.

When the bombs fell, the Japanese refugees would've lost all contact with the Emperor (their spiritual leader) and wouldn't have known if he had survived or not. But regardless, after his death, his son would become the new Emperor, living in America. I think that after the bombs fell, the Emperor's son will never actually become the Emperor for fear of stepping on his father's toes, so only HIS son, the original Emperor's grandson, becomes the new Emperor and so on. That man would again become the political and spiritual leader of the new Japanese government, thus becoming one of the few monarchies in the Fallout universe... every other organization being republics, dictatorships, or theocracies.

So we could call this new government... The Empire of New Japan. Shin Nippon no Teikoku. Or maybe something that sounds better. The shortened form would be "The Empire" which unfortunately draws a lot of parallels with Star Wars.

It could be led in the same way Rivet City is, by a triumvirate of Spiritual Emperor, Lead Scientist and Field Marshal. That way the whole "Evil Empire" parallel might not be drawn. Perhaps the english name for it could be Republic of New Japan to reflect their post WWII westernized government. It would also give reason for their giving up their isolationism and their emphasis on scientific advancement.

It could be treated as the monarchy in the UK is now. The Queen is the Queen, but she doesn't really have a lot to do with the actual leadership of the nation. The Prime Minister, while lower on the social totem pole than the royalty, is more of the de facto leader, making and breaking alliances, going to war, etc.

Archived