ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Custom companion wheel topics

GilgameshNoborosuke

I'm currently making a custom companion, my problem is that I'm using a custom topic.

Example : I used a new FollowersTrade topic named "MyFollowersTrade" topic.

The question is:

1. Can I add my newly created FollowersTrade topic to the current Companion wheel?

2. If I can add it, how can I Replace the original and only for that companion only?

I've tried everything on my knowledge and failed. If there is no other way than using NVSE, than please just point to the mod or tutorial.

In other words, I can't use anything other than the FollowersTrade, and "MyFollowersTrade" is useless in companion wheel.

So to make it simple, other than the original topics for the Companion Wheel, such as the FollowersWait, FollowersTacticsDistanceDefault, FollowersTacticsCombatMelee,and the rest of other commands in the Companion Wheel can't use a custom topics.

Edited by GilgameshNoborosuke

Thank you for helping, I'll use the original.

Just curious, can I use the Original only for the companion wheel? If so, how do I hide the original topic when I talk to my custom companion?

Hide it? Hmm. What you could do is avoid the companion wheel. Using SetPlayerTeammate when you talk to your companion is what makes it appear. If you did that then you could do all of your dialogue however you want to. I'd set up the basic interaction with the same basic ground work (variables and packages so the NPC does want you want and so you can go back to the wheel if you decide you want to; plus you'll probably want the same stuff anyway). Since opening your companion's inventory is triggered by OpenTeammateContainer and nothing more you can put that anywhere you want to and control it by variables and ignore the wheel.

Here's the wiki entry about SetPlayerTeammate so you can see some of the implications of not using it. You could turn it on and off though, to accomodate eliminating the wheel, so it's not an either/or decision.