Hostility Armor

anb2004

Hai

I'm trying to find a way to make an armor/clothing(s) that make NPC's with choosen factions become hostile towards the user of the armor, just to making things much more interesting. because i found a bit weird walking around citys with wearing DB armor, even tho i've been seen wear it while conducting several murders and being witnessed by several people but i do managed to escape. will be great if this can also works as an enchantment.

i know this must be involving a script(s), but i really know none about scripting so i was hoping someone can give me some help here, or maybe something to start with.

thank you..

Well, you can set the player as an enemy to a faction with

SOMEFACTION.SetPlayerEnemy()

(and the reverse SOMEFACTION.SetPlayerEnemy(false)

http://www.creationkit.com/SetPlayerEnemy_-_Faction

You could combine this with a script on the equipment using the onequipped() and onunequipped() events

http://www.creationkit.com/OnEquipped_-_ObjectReference

You could just make all the major hold factions (TownXXXFaction) player enemies when DB armor is equipped this way. But this does mean that anyone in that faction who spots you will attack on sight - which I think is why Beth didn't do that.

It would make for some interesting roleplaying - and a lot of running :tongue:

• 2 months later...

decided to bring this up again because the last time i just cant figure why its not working so i just drop it and admiting there is no way to create a simple working scripts from my own hand !. :wallbash:

but now i'm really curious and really wanted to make this work..i know there is something more that need to add, but i just cant figure what it is.

attach it to my custom armor and already hook the proper faction in properties

ScriptName _anbHostileArmor Extends ObjectReference

Faction Property IsGuardFaction auto

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
if akActor == Game.GetPlayer()
	IsGuardFaction.SetPlayerEnemy()
endif
EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped(Actor akActor)
	IsGuardFaction.SetPlayerEnemy(false)
endif
EndEvent

pretty stupid script huh, could only rely on my logic and base understanding with the lines (means not function :sweat: ) from Creation Kit references.

so please bear with me and thanks in advance

Edited by ebony_ivory

decided to bring this up again because the last time i just cant figure why its not working so i just drop it and admiting there is no way to create a simple working scripts from my own hand !. :wallbash:

but now i'm really curious and really wanted to make this work..i know there is something more that need to add, but i just cant figure what it is.

attach it to my custom armor and already hook the proper faction in properties

ScriptName _anbHostileArmor Extends ObjectReference

Faction Property IsGuardFaction auto

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
	IsGuardFaction.SetPlayerEnemy()
endif
EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped(Actor akActor)
	IsGuardFaction.SetPlayerEnemy(false)
endif
EndEvent

pretty stupid script huh, could only rely on my logic and base understanding with the lines (means not function :sweat: ) from Creation Kit references.

so please bear with me and thanks in advance

Silly question here, but.. have you assigned the IsGuardFaction Property in the Armor Form? Otherwise it just returns NONE.

Silly question here, but.. have you assigned the IsGuardFaction Property in the Armor Form? Otherwise it just returns NONE.

if you mean by link the faction in the properties, then yes already did...

found some post regarding this, and some are mention it need more like of AddToFaction and GetFactionRank stuff. still trying to understand it tho.