Recovering Old Load orders

Vancer2

NMM was crashing upon startup recently I had no idea why I was assuming now that it was because of the patch. I realized That i couldnt do anything about it and uninstalled it. and reinstalled the new one. I made the mistake of accidently changing the mod install location from C:\games\skyrim which was what i think i was using to C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\ Anyways upon startup I noticed that teh mod section was completely blank. My heart sank...... My load order was out of whack . So i clicked on the button up top to change settings for the locations where u install your mods and install data. Well I set it to C:\games\Skyrim\mods for the mod part and C:\games\Skyrim\install info. Upon doing so It crashed. So i figured big whoop. But after starting up NMM it told me for "mod name here" is missing and must be removed click yes to delete or no to close. After clicking yes a few times i realized it was deleting and uninstalling the mods i had installed for skyrim. But What I want to know is if there is anyway to find some records or files that show what mods were active before this pos nmm did this to me. I tried The Appdata and it only shows the up to date plugins and stuff.

I had the same problem after I had to replace my hard drive...I couldn't remember my load order and was getting conflicts causing my game to crash. After two days or so trying to fix it I uninstalled all my mods and started reinstaling them one at a time with a new game, I was simply resigned to having to start over with a new game and not at all happy about it. But at around 10-15 hours or so into the new game with something like 90% of my mods installed again and working fine I attempted to locate my last save from the previous game and it loaded. All I had to do from there was get a few mods to get everything back like it was for the most part. I do have to admit its not 100% the same...in my original load order none of the men had mod hair, now a lot of them do...including General Tullius who now has long brown flowing hair all the way down his back...thats a bit disturbing to look at honestly but I'll live with it. What I did after I got it all working again was open the NMM and take screen captures of my installed mods and their load orders. When I add mods and I'm sure theres no issues I redo my screen captures. I know this doesn't help you recover your load order but I hope it helps in some way...if nothing else I think it shows with some work you can recover. Edited by Jennifur68

Thanks I noticed something interesting while looking in the install info folder at the install.xml it seems that all the files that are in this file are those that might be connected to the save which might help make that annoying "This Save game contains content that is no longer available" which I dread maybe I can use that in connection with what i have and replace what im missing. :] also that SS idea is BRILLIANT