SKSE says "Update to the latest version of skyrim"

ArtMurder

Is there a way to force Skyrim to update via steam? I don't see an option for it, if there isn't and every time you open steam skyrim updates then I should be at the latest version and I just downloaded SKSE version 1.6.13 last night so I know its up to date. I will still give this a try I really hope it helps.

Edit: just deleted all my mods leaving only my vanilla skyrim files and extensions tested it and worked as if I had done a re-install. Re-installed latest version of SKSE and tested that, it worked fine loaded with no problem. tried to install SkyUI in NMM when I got this message...

-----------
Problem #1:
-----------
The SKSE scripts are missing.
Potential causes:
* You didn't install the scripts with the rest of SKSE.
Solution:
1. Re-install SKSE. Make sure you extract the 'Data/' folder from the downloaded archive to your Skyrim installation directory.
Not sure what to do now, I don't see how I can be missing files when I took it straight off SKSE's webpage.
Edited by mellophonist

• 1 year later...

Same problem reinstalled skse like 5 times and still. says i have 0.0.0.0 i installed all of the stuffn and uninstalled so i have no idea. eghh

Did i read that right that your skyrim version is 1.8. ...? If this is true, SKSE is right telling you to update your skyrim because the latest version is 1.9.3 .... Otherwise, you are using STEAM, arent you? Maybe the problems come from STEAM as a reply of a non updated version of skyrim.

Most common problems installing SKSE

NOT reading the documentation. :pinch:

Trying to use a mod manager to install SKSE (it's not a mod)

Putting SKSE in the data folder

Not putting SKSE in the game folder

Making a SKSE subfolder and putting it in that

Not using a ligit up to date Steam version of Skyrim