Shameless plug from a fellow modder

muppetpuppet

Hi i'm working ona full fantasy themed casual RTS , I've posted on steam greenlight as a concept. I'm trying to create the same involved creation process I experienced when creating the moonpath to elsweyr..

So creating some buzz is step 1 with the eventual goal off bringing it to kickstarter.. So here I am. this the link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109049174

Do you think you'll like it, details are a bit sparse but its very early yet.. i'm a serious game developer during the daytime, but would love to do a game just for creating something fun..

Looking forward to seeing my fellow modders feedback.. cheers

muppetpuppet

I think it looks pretty good so far. I too am making the leap from casual modding to indie game development. Just curious, what SDK are you using? I've been dabbling a bit with Unity and it seems pretty good. I've created a partial demo game(it will never be released) just to see if I can actually create a game from scratch. So far so good.

We're using unity3d Also.. We've been using it for developing serious games for a few years now and its simply the best solution. Especially for mobile games..

Actually some of the screens on the greenlight page are done from unity.http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109049174&searchtext=

I can recommend strumfy shader editor for unity as well, its an indispensable tool .

Be sure to leave lots of room in the lore to add new content. If and when it takes off you are going to be adding new material on a regular basis and it helps to have as much room as possible^^. I like the look of the game! I have never made a full game from start to finish but I might start looking into it if there are tools that exist for it. Any recommendations on tools friend^^.

-Natterforme