Which of the dragon shouts you like and use more ?

Misakichun

I love a good Kyne's Peace in a castle or other setting with lots of clutter. Everything flies everywhere and everyone just sits around like nothing happened. :biggrin: (it's also useful because it seems like skyrim has a bear infestation and I'm just not up for slaughtering every bear who happens to cross my path - I don't fast travel so I get a lot of that) Edited by acidzebra

I played a character (Irving the Ill-Prepared) who's only means of attack was to shout (aside from bare fists).

Unrelenting Force proved to be the single most useful shout, and often I'd use only the first word. FUS all by itself is incredibly handy for springing traps on enemies and it recharges almost instantly.

Fire Breath is the runner-up, and again sometimes I'd only use part of it depending on the enemy. Frost Breath for enemies resistant to fire such as flame atronachs.

Ice Form is great for stopping an enemy dead in it's tracks if you need to get away. Plus, if you can manage it, sometimes the enemy will fall off a cliff or whatever.

Call Storm is awesome against dragons and groups of enemies, just DO NOT use it if there are any friendlies around! It blasts ANYTHING that moves except yourself (then they get unhappy with you, poor Irving got killed by his own wife outside Lakeview Manor).

HA HA HA :laugh: Irving the ill-prepared i dont remember quite but i think it was in my third playthrough i were a beggar named Norton no-shoes.

Fire breath and become ethereal more than any other. I use ethereal to close the distance with mages and archers but I use fire breath the rest of the time. I do use ice form if I'm surrounded so that I can focus on a smaller number of enemies. I guess it depends on the situation, but definately fire and ethereal.

Blackreach has a dragon ? :blink: i haven't seen one or encountered it yet :ermm: can you tell me where in the blackreach ?

Ever noticed the big yellow orb above the Silent City more or less in the center of Blackreach - this is Vulthuryol's Gong - hit the orb/gong with a shout and Vulthuryol the dragon will appear - not too happy to have been woken up.

Back on topic - I tend to use Aura Whisper the most,it's so much better than the other detect spells and detects anything that moves including Dwemer Automata.

Blackreach has a dragon ? :blink: i haven't seen one or encountered it yet :ermm: can you tell me where in the blackreach ?

Ever noticed the big yellow orb above the Silent City more or less in the center of Blackreach - this is Vulthuryol's Gong - hit the orb/gong with a shout and Vulthuryol the dragon will appear - not too happy to have been woken up.

Back on topic - I tend to use Aura Whisper the most,it's so much better than the other detect spells and detects anything that moves including Dwemer Automata.

Huh...who knew. I always just assumed it was a light source. But as far as shouts go I typically forget about them except for Dragonrend which I use regularly now, sometimes I do use unrelenting force or fire breath when I do remember.

I love a good Kyne's Peace in a castle or other setting with lots of clutter. Everything flies everywhere and everyone just sits around like nothing happened. :biggrin: (it's also useful because it seems like skyrim has a bear infestation and I'm just not up for slaughtering every bear who happens to cross my path - I don't fast travel so I get a lot of that)

No idea how you can not use fast travel it takes so long to get from place to place on foot and i dont really like horses cus they die to dragons if there "unmodded" I was thinking of trying to see if theres a teleport spell like the mages in world of warcraft has and it would add more immerison to the game for me

No idea how you can not use fast travel it takes so long to get from place to place on foot and i dont really like horses cus they die to dragons if there "unmodded" I was thinking of trying to see if theres a teleport spell like the mages in world of warcraft has and it would add more immerison to the game for me

I do have convenient horses installed, both to make horses cowards and to make them pack mules. And lots of landscape/flora/weather/lighting mods, moar npc mods including warzones, more wildlife/birds/insect mods, that sort of thing. I love just riding through Tamriel, following different paths, gawking at stuff going on around me. It really is quite a beautiful place. But to each his own - teleport spells dont do it for me at all. Even though the Portal-inspired ones were fun to toy with.

Edited by acidzebra

I love a good Kyne's Peace in a castle or other setting with lots of clutter. Everything flies everywhere and everyone just sits around like nothing happened. :biggrin: (it's also useful because it seems like skyrim has a bear infestation and I'm just not up for slaughtering every bear who happens to cross my path - I don't fast travel so I get a lot of that)

I tried fast travel for a while but I didn't like it as much as riding my horse, having random encounters, seeing M'aiq all over the place and I noticed I was leveling up a lot more slowly and killing far fewer dragons. For me traveling from Solitude to Riften is pretty painless because I take cross country shortcuts rather than stick ridgidly to the roads and like Acidzebra I like the view...Skyrim is really a pretty game even when its dark and gritty. I use Convenient Horses and UFO and normally travel with Lydia and Serana both of whom are mounted as well. My horse set to cowardly and neutral to all factions he hasn't gotten killed...now finding Cowardly Clem, yes thats what I call him, after a fight is something of a pain because he seems to find the last place you'll look and its generally someplace he's well camoflauged. I try not to use my horse call unless I have to but sometimes he's harder to find than Waldo in a candy cane factory.