ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Problem with Data files/Nexus Mod Manager

ticho123

I've recently picked up Skyrim for the PC mainly because of the mods and hotkeys.

Now I have some issues with the Nexus mod manager. It seems that if I activate a mod, for instance Better Quest Obejctives, in both manager and in data files the game will crash right before the main menu. This actually happens with most mods if I have them activated in both Manager and Data Files, and if I de-active them in Data Files then the mods won't work even though they still look activated in Manager. This is really becoming a problem since it limits my potential to mod my game. Anyone know what I can do?

It should be noted that some mods, like Frostfall survival, won't make the game crash even though it's activated in both data files and manager. The mods who make the games crash when activated in both places include: dual wield sheaths, deadly combat, total realism - basic needs, crimson tide, cloaks of skyrim and pretty much the large majority.

Help would be appreciated.

Edited by ticho123

Activating a mod in NMM automatically activates it in data - no reason to do it in both.

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

This is updated often so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Activating a mod in NMM automatically activates it in data - no reason to do it in both.

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

This is updated often so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

You are misunderstanding me. I activate a mod in Manager, it automatically activates in Data Files, at which point Skyrim cannot start. Only reason I'm even changing anything in either Manager or Data Files at this is to make it playable.

What version # does Skyrim display when in game and you go to the load/save window?

1.1.21....guess I might have to update.

Edited by ticho123

• 1 year later...

my problem is that the game will work either way but one specific mod wont work in the nexus and the other mod won't work via steam launch...any skse mod won't work when I run steam's skyrim, but my custom mod wont run when I open nmm and skse, i tried re-packing the mod with archive tool but it seems I have to chose between learning to mod and using pre-made mods...i tried using just an esp, no luck, compressed esp and bsa no luck about to try just the bsa but i have no idea what is wrong.

say i put my item inside whiterun breezehome, CK says its good, steam launch is good but skse files won't work, open skse and my items are not in breezehome...where's the beef skse?

Edited by jasonstainkamp