mods not appearing

patsreallyabdullah

I think this forum would be better if we just focused on mod troubleshooting rather than busting pirates. That's the moderators' job. :whistling:

Yup, unfortunately often troubleshooting starts with finding if the problem is caused by a pirated version. :rolleyes:

The pirated games are NOT exactly like the legal game - the pirates had to crack and change the actual game file to get their stolen version to work at all. Sometimes these changes they made do affect whether their game will work with mods or 3rd party add on programs such as SKSE and mod managers. Then, they cannot use Steam to upgrade to the latest version - which means any mods made using that newest version will not work either. And, the newest SKSE will fail too as it also must have that newest update to work. You can spend hours trying to help some one with a pirate version and not accomplish anything beyond a headache and a deep dislike of pirates who think lying about their actual game version will somehow make it work if they beg us for help enough. :wallbash:

I think this forum would be better if we just focused on mod troubleshooting rather than busting pirates. That's the moderators' job. :whistling:

Yup, unfortunately often troubleshooting starts with finding if the problem is caused by a pirated version. :rolleyes:

The pirated games are NOT exactly like the legal game - the pirates had to crack and change the actual game file to get their stolen version to work at all. Sometimes these changes they made do affect whether their game will work with mods or 3rd party add on programs such as SKSE and mod managers. Then, they cannot use Steam to upgrade to the latest version - which means any mods made using that newest version will not work either. And, the newest SKSE will fail too as it also must have that newest update to work. You can spend hours trying to help some one with a pirate version and not accomplish anything beyond a headache and a deep dislike of pirates who think lying about their actual game version will somehow make it work if they beg us for help enough. :wallbash:

hey i'm not lying about my game version and what the hell? i just wanted a bit of help, you didn't have to reply to this thread, now if you would please, go jump off a tall building.

and i've figured out how to make the majority of the mods work because i have managed to make nexus mod manager work :D