How to make darkened mesh have proper brightness?

JoshuaMadoc

After a few weeks of banging my head against the wall, I may have finally figured out how to import custom or modified vanilla meshes. The mesh renders and *yes*, the textures finally showed up.

But then this happened:

darkenedmesh.jpg

Note the steel bolt that was there for comparison.

I've exhausted everything I can see in NifSkope, and there doesn't seem to be anything completely wrong with 3DS Max's Niftools export settings, so I have no idea what else I'm missing here. The .nif file can be found here.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by JoshuaMadoc

Try to right-click on the NiTriShapeData of the bolt, MESH => FACE NORMALS

Emissive Multiple Color should'nt cause such an heavy impact and if there would be a problem with vertex colors it should be totally black - so i guess it's the issue i mentioned above.

Edited by ghosu

Try to right-click on the NiTriShapeData of the bolt, MESH => FACE NORMALS

Emissive Multiple Color should'nt cause such an heavy impact and if there would be a problem with vertex colors it should be totally black - so i guess it's the issue i mentioned above.

Oh my dear balls, I never thought that actually worked. It's rendering much brighter now. And for that matter, I'll keep that in mind whenever I'm importing custom meshes.

Thank you so much! You just rendered all my stress with Skyrim all the more worth it!!

Edited by JoshuaMadoc