strange savegame bug

Ch4nger

first: im sorry for the mistakes, but english is not my first language

earlyer today i happened to notice that some of the female NPCs used male animations. so i looked for mods, that would fix that and found some.

i installed them and nothing happend... still the same male animations, so i tried like 10 mods for that including self made ones (NPC Editor)

i deactivated all my mods (exept the anim changer ones ^^) - no effect

i removed everything from my skyrim folder (meshes/textures... even SKSE) execpt custom female animations and those mods - no effect

i unzipped my clean backup skyrim folder, copied the animations and the mod into it - no effect

then i tried loading a older savegame and voilá... it works

next i try my normal skyrim folder with every mod and all meshes etc... works fine

when i load a recent savegame i get the male animations again

so my problem: my latest savegames seem to block those animation changer mods. my PC animations are fine, all the other mods i have work fine

its just that thing..

simplest solution would be just switching to the older savegames... but the working ones are at level 79 -.- thats quite a while ago and i dont know which quests i did since then

can someone think of another way to fix that? like fixing the savegame itself (maybe there are some messed up settings?)

and if there is no way to fix the savegame itself... is there a way to readout my character- and questinformation from that savegame (i can load it with no problem... its just that one bug) and then putting it into the savegame that works?

Edited by Ch4nger

I think you just have to bare with the gastly vanilla animations, hear a lot about clean saves etc for solving mod bugs, dont think they are changeble as everyone points out you need to do a new game and be careful of the saves you have, btw have you tryed out FNIS on Nexus, it should work with that, tho you already tested many mods, and that one was probably high up on your list, but better mention one more then one less i guess :teehee:

am myself using vanilla animations, just changed idles, dont wanna mess up things with to much changes, its bound to be some problems, and dont wanna sitt and fix them for houers even if the animations are gastly horrible! for female

oh one more thing, perhaps the FNIS mod comment section have some info for you from others, one might have the same problem as you, try searching the comment section, i usaly find answers to my problems on other mods comment section the are close to the mods i have problem with,

the only thing i know is possible with saves are transfering the face from a save to another save,

hope you find some answers, myself hate to settle with a comprimise, sat 12h for a problem with an ENB cuase it was not optimised for another ENB i had instaled, then some freaky huers with UNP against CBBEv3 body,

I heard FNIS may cause some issues (such as animations issues )due to the 1.8 patch (I don't use it, so I don't know if they have made any updates or so by now). In most cases removing FNIS, would solve such things as Animations issues of various kinds.

I have also read that animations mod that haven't been updated for patch 1.8 might also cause some errors.

But I'm just making guesses now out of what I seen and heard.

Edited by Mekii

Are you using BOSS? perhaps the load order of those mods are wrong, try putting them on diffrent places in the NMM

tried that already

I heard FNIS may cause some issues (such as animations issues )due to the 1.8 patch (I don't use it, so I don't know if they have made any updates or so by now). In most cases removing FNIS, would solve such things as Animations issues of various kinds.

I have also read that animations mod that haven't been updated for patch 1.8 might also cause some errors.

But I'm just making guesses now out of what I seen and heard.

my clean skyrim folder is still v1.7 and some corrupted saves are also 1.7...

now another thing i found out: after i found a NPC that the mods worked on (iona in riften - she normaly has the male animations) and saved that game, i deactivated the mods and iona still had the female animation pattern. so it seems the pattern to use by each individual NPC is for some reason stored in my savegames... is that intended? is there a way to fix that?

Edited by Ch4nger

It shouldent be the savegame it contains in, and with the animations mods gone, it should say "this save have files missing etc etc do you wanna continue?" when you load the save's but as you wrothe there, you saved in the animation on that "save" so it aint possible to make that solution to add in animations in the folder and save it to solve your problem with some not using the animation? or still not al that uses the animations? otherwise the solution should be there even if it is an awkwerd one.

here is how it is:

i load an old working savegame -> iona has male animations

i install the mod and load that same savegame -> iona has female animations

i save the game

i remove the mod and load the saved game -> it sais somethings missing blabla -> iona has female animations

wtf?

edit:

ok now i tried it again and this only works if i save right beside iona

if i leave honeyside save, remove mod, load and enter again she has male animations.. that means i still have no clue what exacly is wrong

Edited by Ch4nger

Yeah too see whats the cause here you need some serius understandings around save, havent got a clue there, alteast when it comes to iteams they are not save-bound, perhaps just animations are diffrent, perhaps a bug in NMM even? not able to do it properly,

Have you installed them manually btw? think peeps are talking about that being the best metod around animations, not that i think it should solve the savegame problem you are experiencing, tho bugs can be avoided if there would have been any.

But as you wrothe there that you needed to be beside Iona to get her to use the animations, there are prolly something deeper behind this

perhaps try the:

i load an old working savegame -> iona has male animations

i install the mod and load that same savegame -> iona has female animations

i save the game

and then play for awhile and go bak to her and see if she still uses them and save again

Sorry i cant be of any mentioning at AL help lol, im just ended up being a girl with airy theori's here haha :sweat: