Mod request: Streamlined Flamer tanks.

Angelsilhouette

Even WWII flame thrower packs were smaller than that. It looks like I've got an oversized propane tank on my back.

Could someone slim it down by a LOT. Alternatively, since there is no real reload animation for the flamer, get rid of the tank entirely and modify the flamer mesh to put a small tank on it. The current reload animation simply has you twisting a hosepipe coupling that leads from the rear of the actual flamer to the front of it. No backpack involved. The actual flamer looks very nice and slightly futuristic, but that tank just ruins it for me. :(

Something else bothersome: For having THAT much fuel on your back, you certainly don't seem to use as much as it suggests you are. A real flamethrower can spray a jet of fuel nearly 10 meters (maybe more?) but ours only seems to go half that far. I can imagine a shorter jet from something that uses less fuel (in the instance that the fuel is located on the body of the flamer, itself, instead of in a 70 litre container on your back.

Also, would it be possible to have a strap going over your shoulder so I don't start feeling bad for my character's shoulders watching them tote that massive flamer/minigun around all the time? It wouldn't matter if it clipped through some of the more bulky armour, it would just need an anchor at the front of the gun, the rear and at the shoulder. Possible?

could not agree more!

Yeah it looks pretty stupid runnin around looking like a Fuel-truck :wallbash: it needs to be re-sized quite much

and the same for the minigun and the gatling laser.

The minigun pack is fine for me, honestly, I actually quite like it. But the modification I want for that model is in a different thread.

For the flamer, with a little help, I was able to ditch the backpack; however, since I used it so infrequently, I forgot exactly what the gun looked like so I now realize that I will need a modeler and texturer for help on this. I've asked Moraelin if she and Alexscorpion would like to take up this request, but if not, I hope that someone will see this request and like it enough to do it.

Of course one of the other things with removing the tank on the back is that the gun just disappears when you stowe it. That's already sort of silly for the heavy weapons, but no sillier than just materializing both the gun and backpack out of nowhere. Sp the other request I've put through to them is to have the weapon slung across the back when not in use like a rifle.

Ok, so here I am to update and change my request:

Could anyone please modify the flamer weapon to use a tank on the weapon itself instead of the backpack, something along the lines of the Incinerators from Aliens?

Reference pic:

http://www.alienscollection.com/smorgan6.jpg

Additionally, can it be changed so that the resulting backpack-less flamer unit is slung across your back like a rifle instead of just disappearing?

Here is a quick chop shop I did with that picture. The awful grey thing at the front is supposed to be the front hand grip. I was getting impatient at that point and got a bit careless. Right now I am talking with Alexscorpion about this mod. Hopefully he accepts the request, if not... Well... Here it is. :P

http://i37.tinypic.com/jigtu9.jpg

Archived