[WIP] The Institute Reborn v1.001

pepperman35

Back in July 2019 I posted up a settlement blueprint mod for Spectacle Island called The Institute Reborn. The Institute Reborn, a massive above-ground Institute facility located on Spectacle Island, was a very large settlement blueprint consisting of some 8,960 items. User MitchBurns09 asked if I could this could be modded into the game to eliminate some of the performance issues. At that time I had very little knowledge of or experience with the Creation Kit. Since then, I have gained some knowledge and experience in this area, and decided to give it a try. So here are a few screenshots of the [WIP] The Institute Reborn v1.001. It has deviated somewhat from the settlement blueprint, but I wanted to try a few things on the CK…like a round building. This is only the external structure mind you, and subject to change. Clearly, tons or work to do. No ETA on completion date.

40023-1581181241-1335589459.png

40023-1581181256-1021360095.png

40023-1581181276-708005643.png

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this looks great! Very neat. Although abit too clean for an exposed outer building.. But a good layout. What are your desing idea's for the interior? A copy of the underground institute facility or a new design?

Are you going to be regenerating the precombines after you have finished to help with user's fps?

- Edge

Edited by EdgeUK90

Pretty cool idea to have those corridors branching out from the round main building. Really nice building layout. I would probably add a few more details to the building if I was you. Like some vents or parapets or other stuff. I feel kinda inspired by your layout and will probably create something similar for may own worldspace.

Wow, this looks great! Very neat. Although abit too clean for an exposed outer building.. But a good layout. What are your desing idea's for the interior? A copy of the underground institute facility or a new design?

Are you going to be regenerating the precombines after you have finished to help with user's fps?

- Edge

Doing precombines is certainly in the project plan. The insides are kind-sort of being modeled after my settlement blueprint. That said, it has taken a life of its own in the Creation Kit (e.g., round main building, power plant, water purification plant, etc.) so I am open to good ideas.

Lots and lots yet to do but it is slowly taking form. I'll drop a few snaps in here from time to time to illustrate forward progress.

Edited by pepperman35

• 10 months later...