Copying objects from other cells

pepperman35

Hi. I have just solved a problem created by exactly that (well, SpeedyNL solved it and I implemented the changes). You can copy anything you like from any other cell as far as I'm aware, be cautious with objects that have quests associated with them. An example of this is the interior workbench at Vault 88.

When you're done with the mod use FO4Edit to clean it, but don't use the QuickClean version, use the regular FO4Edit.exe file. Then select your mod to be included along with the master files and let it do its thing. Then on the left you'll see a list of the mods the program has examined; select your mod and look in the "cell" subheading. In there you'll see "Block" and "Sub Block"; check inside these for temporary references to stuff in other cells. For me, those caused resetting in the cell I copied them from.

I'm trying to upload a screenshot; never done that before and I've got no idea, might take a while.

PS: you should do the quick clean as well.

so long its vanilla you can copy/paste everyting

or you can find the ting you want and duplicate/rename it with a name you remember

sample powerunit01, duplicate rename to mypowerunit, then you use the new named 1 in your mod

now the problem with fo4 ck is, everyting you touch, look at, ck will put those things(cells/worldspace) in your esp

like @taxi say you have to load your esp into f04edit and look if you find cells/worldspaces that don't belong to your mod, and remove/delete those

in @taxi case it was, he looked at (and or clicked at) someting and ck putted that cell in his esp, this caused a reset from another mod that used that cell

the general rule is always check(fo4edit) your esp after finishing your esp and look for things that don't belong there

then when you are sure everyting works like intended run quickautoclean and done