ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Basic Morrowind mods recommendations

yusagi

I'm not completely sure this is the right sub-board, but I think it's this one! So I have a pre-BM pre-Trib CD copy of Morrowind from way back and only just discovered modding for it. (Well, I knew the toolset, but not the community) I went through some of the most endorsed and interesting looking mods, but many mods seem to require GOTY, Bloodmoon, Tribunal, or a mod that requires the above. For a vanilla Morrowind, what advice do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not completely sure this is the right sub-board, but I think it's this one! So I have a pre-BM pre-Trib CD copy of Morrowind from way back and only just discovered modding for it. (Well, I knew the toolset, but not the community) I went through some of the most endorsed and interesting looking mods, but many mods seem to require GOTY, Bloodmoon, Tribunal, or a mod that requires the above. For a vanilla Morrowind, what advice do you have?

Hey, I'm in the same boat. Was moving and fished the CD out of the bottom of a crate from college. Sadly, no Tribunal/Bloodmoon. I did get a couple of the official mods, like the Master Propylon one and the AoE arrows one. I REALLY want to DL the community patch, especially for the merchantile skill fix I'm running into, but it won't work without Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed. Does anyone know of a mod that fixes that that doesn't require them? I like the game, but I don't know if I like it enough to go out and buy it again with the expansions just to fix one bug.

Thoughts?

This is just my opinion, but honestly what I think is that the expansions are worth the money just in the variety of the mods that they enable you to use. Even if you never ever use the expansions themselves, they are well worth whatever the cost because they remove the limits on the mods you are able to use.

I have the GOTY Edition, so I'm not sure-- but can't you just download the expansions somewhere? Or you used to be able to get the GOTY Edition very cheaply on Amazon--