nudepatch still panties on

alfazz16

Hello,

first excuse my "not perfect english" because i´m from germany.

I have a problem with my nudepatches in Oblivion. I tryed several nudepatches (actually the HGEC BBB-Patch), I made it with NexusModManager. But when i remove from my female main character her clothings, she is topless, but she always still have her panties on. And in the inventory there is no panty listed to put off. So she´s not nude. Even when i order to other characters (female or male) "removeallitems", they also have panties on. So what went wrong, does anybody hnows how to remove this horrible panties.

By the way, i´m a beginner in moddimg.

Thx a lot for every answer.

JSP

In general Nexus Mod Manager has trouble installing body replacer mods. It sounds to me like the file femaleupperbody.nif got put in the correct location but not the file femalelowerbody.nif (and it's too early to say whether femalehand.nif and femalefoot.nif are installed correctly).

My suggestion is to extract the download to a temporary folder so you can locate and install the missing files. Most downloads from Oblivion Nexus are 7-Zip format these days (and 7-Zip will handle other archive formats just fine). I'll use HG EyeCandy Body as an example.

After you extract the download you'll find six folders. The ones we'll need are 'Common' and 'Nude'.

Inside Common you'll find three folders, 'Feet', 'Hands' and 'Textures'. When you look inside Feet you'll see a folder named 'Meshes' and if you look further down the folder structure you will see it goes 'Meshes\characters\_male\femalefoot.nif'. That's because there is only one foot option no matter which other body options you choose. Inside of Hands you'll see 'Fighter' and 'Normal'. Which one of these you'd choose depends on which version of the upper body you'd like, one of the Fighter upper bodies or one of the Normal upper bodies. You will see that either one has the same structure (Meshes\characters\_male\femalehand.nif). The Textures folder is common to any body options (and I'll explain it at the end).

Moving to the Nude folder you'll see five folders, 'EBE', 'Fighter Upper Body', 'GUTS', 'Lower Body Set' and 'Normal Upper Body'. The Fighter Upper Body and Normal Upper Body folders have a number of folders, one for each cup size option. In each of those you'll find the same folder structure (Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif). The GUTS and EBE folders don't offer cup size options, so they only have a single Meshes folder. In the folder Lower Body Set you'll find four folders, 'L', 'LL', 'M' and 'S', corresponding to how large or small a bottom you prefer. Each of those has a Meshes folder (Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif).

To work correctly you'll need four nif files. Those will all need to go into your game's 'Oblivion\Data\Meshes\characters\_male' folder. In the case of Hands you will need to pick the one that matches your choice of upper body (either Normal or Fighter). In the end, when correctly installed you will have 'Oblivion\Data\Meshes\characters\_male\femalefoot.nif', 'Oblivion\Data\Meshes\characters\_male\femalehand.nif', 'Oblivion\Data\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif' and 'Oblivion\Data\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif'.

The last piece of the installation is the Textures folder. All of the contents of that folder from the extracted download will go in your game's 'Oblivion\Data' folder (so the final folder structure will be 'Oblivion\Data\Textures\characters\argonian\female', 'Oblivion\Data\Textures\characters\darkelf\female' etc.).

Naturally, if you read through and understand this and then look at what NMM has installed so far you will see what files it has already installed and what is still missing. By default the game can only use one female body style at a time. Until you install a body replacer it uses the vanilla body stored inside the game's BSA files (e.g. 'Oblivion\Data\Oblivion - Meshes.bsa'). When you install replacements in the correct folder structure and activate something called 'archive invalidation' (which I believe NMM does for you) then the game will use the replacements instead. The original game assets are always safely stored in the game's BSA files.

I remember when I first started adding mods. The body mods were the most confusing, until I understood a few key concepts. Hope this explanation helps.