Sword - DreamReaper

Marcus Aseth

@ throttlekitty: you right,the strips add almost nothing,but was cool so I can do a closeup for portfolio like the one in the image below,so I need those in place :P

Then you definitely should delete them if it's for a portfolio. :P (assuming you're going for games portfolio)

Bake turned out good!

Edited by throttlekitty

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx guys :)

@ throttlekitty: ok man,probably I will delete them & do again the handle bake I think,I already try & without the polycount is 5.5k Tris :thumbsup: but before that I want check in-game with normals to see how much the silouette change/lose on the handle with the strips on & off.

Bake turned out good!

I was too much "methodical" during the bake to leave any space to artifacts! Like I exported 8 High poly blade pieces from Zbrush, 8 low poly blade pieces from 3ds max & 8 low poly cages I had set up in max, then done the normal bakes 1 by 1 inside Xnormal & merged toghether into a single normal map in photoshop,to get the most clean bake possible :happy: Now,textures are my weak spot,so I hope I don't ruin everything now! :biggrin:

Edited by Marcus Aseth

Guys I totally need your help :(

I am kind of stuck,before the texturing I want it to preview the mesh with the normal map in game, so I followed a video online,replaced the iron sword with my sword,deactivated the diffuse & put my normal map on the right directory,but insted of the normal it show the mesh without normal map & with a purple flat color on it :(

Pls help me to figure out what have I done wrong :\

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/8429/10448559.png

Edited by Marcus Aseth

I would recommend to upload nif + textures and post the link so someone might check it, the possible error sources are ... unlimited :D

(btw, i had the problem that the normal map wasn't displayed in NifSkope as well...sometimes it worked, sometimes not - but it always did ingame)

Edited by ghosu

yes,in fact I can activate the diffuse & see it in nifskope (I just add _off.dds at the end of it to turn it off & check only the normal),but the normal map is not showing,just flat white inside nifskope :\

Just to make sure, when you look at the texture paths, they should read something like:

textures\throttlekitty\sword.dds

and not

c:\steam\...\data\textures\throttlekitty\sword.dds

NifSkope would display either, but the game would only read the first.

I'm pretty sure that purple meshes is missing texture, it's been a while though. Check that the model has binormal/bitangents?

I think if vertex colors are on, NifSkope doesn't do normal mapping.

the path are correct,I have simply copyed all the branch from the iron sword & created the correct path on my skyrim/data folder,& also as I mentioned I have turned on the diffuse & it works perfectly both in game & on nifskope,the problem is just with the normal map,but the most strange thing is the fact that every skyrim weapon I am opening with nifskope is not showing any normal map,flat white as with my sword,so the problem must be something else... didn't used vertex color in 3ds btw Edited by Marcus Aseth