Nameless unlootable enemies in Dawnguard DLC

Drofsned1b

I was going to Riften and encountered a nameless dragon, as I was fighting it, no name was below its health bar, its shouts would display in the subtitles but no name to the left, when I got critical hits it would display "critical hit on" and when I killed it , no option to search appeared and I couldn't loot its body. Later in the first mission of Dawnguard I found more nameless unlootable enemies and I can't select them from the ~console either, so I tried extracting the Dawnguard BSA file to meshes, textures, scripts, etc, that didn't solve the problem. How do I fix it?

Extracting what follows into Data\Strings should fix it:

dawnguard_english.dstrings

dawnguard_english.ilstrings

dawnguard_english.strings

edit: are you using ASIS by any chance? If so you should rerun the patcher after doing the above.

Edited by dAb

edit: are you using ASIS by any chance? If so you should rerun the patcher after doing the above.

That did it, thanks.

• 1 month later...

I've been having the same problem (though for enemies spawned via console this bug does not occur) and I am glad to finally found a possible solution. I'm probably being stupid but where do I extract the files you mention from? I can't find ones of those name. I am using ASIS - is that the cause of the problem?

I've been having the same problem (though for enemies spawned via console this bug does not occur) and I am glad to finally found a possible solution. I'm probably being stupid but where do I extract the files you mention from? I can't find ones of those name. I am using ASIS - is that the cause of the problem?

Ignore my last post: I find out how to do that. For anyone else with this problem follow the instructions here. It may be worth trying this as well/instead. I hope this helps.