No enb works

Gonte24

I've come across a problem where none of the enbs I've chosen work. They crash at startup. I know I installed the files properly because I have been installing enb's for years now. The problem is with the dxgi.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll files. whenever I take those two files out, fallout 4 opens just fine but the enb doesn't show up ofcourse.

I see others using enb's just fine so I know there is a fix to this. I just have no idea what it is. please help.

Edited by Gonte24

dxgi.dll is for Reshade

d3d11.dll + d3dcompiler_46e.dll is for ENB

so chances are that it might be Reshade that is causing the game to crash. as removing Dxgi.dll disables Reshade, which as you mentioned was 1 of the files you removed that solved the CTD accordingly.

do you have any overlays on (such as Msi Afterburner's Rivertuner or any other third party tool, that grants the ability to see hardware usage in game, including Framerate monitoring.), as they can cause issues with ENBs and likewise crash the game.

or any other program that is hooking into the game.

this is a strange issue indeed, since installing ENB's have not changed at all (and is still the very simple process of Copying both d3d11.dll + d3dcompiler_46e.dll + Enblocal and Enb Series ini files to your Fallout 4 Root folder) , and they still very much work, as i am personally also using an ENB + Reshade with no issues at all, and have been since oldrim days.

so to get a better understanding of the situation, what exact point does the game crash, is it before the main menu shows, or after the main menu shows <-- important question as this will help determine if the issue is caused by the Loading of both ENB and Or Reshade, or if the issue is caused by Corrupted/Missing files.

and can you see the Reshade loading text, and ENB Text popup in the top left hand corner upon game load, or does the game crash before that ?

Note: Main Menu as in New Game, Continue game, options etc etc.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

Thank you for responding. My game doesn't even get to bring up the screen. The command prompt for f4se comes up the it says...

"The applicaftion was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

the command prompt says "couldn't inject DLL" as well.

Edited by Gonte24

Hmm, this Potentially may not necessarily be an ENB or Reshade based CTD:

as the Game Crashing upon launch, usually means Missing/Corrupted Master Files, or in F4SE case, invalid plugin version as opposed to F4SE Version. however Invalid GPU Drivers, Corrupted .Net Framework or VC++ would also cause the game to crash on launch, (however these are not the only things that can cause the game to immediately crash, but these are the most relevant)

As for Error Code in question, means you are attempting to run a 64bit application on a 32bit operating system, however said error code, can also mean that VC++ or .NET Framework is corrupted.

Judging by the fact it is F4SE that is displaying these issues and how quick the game is crashing, means the issue is not necessarily related to the ENB but actually F4SE itself, Plugins, or the above. F4SE launches Immediately, unlike ENB and Reshade which inject after the game has launched and usually just before the main menu. due to the fact the game is immediately crashing up on launch (is what i am assuming is happening), means something immediately is broken, thus removing the possibility of ENB or Reshade being the cause of the CTD.

Few Things to Try:

1. so first things first, ensure that all of your F4SE Plugins are made for the Version of F4SE that you are using. if you have installed the Latest Version of F4SE, then the versions of the F4SE plugins need to be for version 1.10.163 or 1.10.162

2. Try Running the game As Administrator - Right Click on f4se_loader.exe - click on Properties - click on Compatibility Tab - Tick the Box *Run this Program as Administator* then click on apply. and try launching the game again.

3. Remove All Traces of ENB Files and Reshade Files, then try installing the ENB again.

a few questions:

1. Are you using a 32Bit OS or 64Bit OS (Windows 32 bit or 64 bit) ?

2. Is Your Graphics Card Driver up to date ?

3. What Version of the Game are you running ?

3a. What version of F4SE are you running ?

4. What Mod Manager are you Using ?

5. Hardware Specs ? (CPU, GPU and Memory)

6. and Lastly: Where Exactly are you placing these Files: d3d11.dll, d3dcompiler_46e.dll and dxgi.dll <-- i ask this because you mention that F4SE is Saying "Unable to Inject DLL", as such this would lead me to believe that you or Mod Manager, is in fact putting the ENB and Reshade files in the F4SE plugin folder, which is not the correct place. these 3 files mentioned must be placed in the Fallout 4 Root Folder (Where Fallout4.exe is located), as such if that is the case that would explain the crash log and the reason for the CTD, and if applicable can be easily fixed.

answering these questions will help me get a better idea on the situation and thus result in better advice.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

The problem isn't only F4SE actually. I can't open the fallout 4 application either.

I am running a 64 bit OS.

My drivers are updated and still not working.

I have no idea what version of Fallout 4 I'm on but i figured that if steam hasn't updated the game then i should be at the latest version.

I've got the latest version of F4SE.

I'm using MO2

My Ram is 8.00GB

I'm not very familiar with all of the computer terms so I'm not sure where I would find the CPU specs and all that.