SKSE and mods function?

Jep1st

So, this might be a very dumb question but here goes. I'm new with SKSE and just recently got it with some help from tutorials but I haven't installed any mods yet that require SKSE. Question is that when I do decide to get a mod that requires it, do I have to do anything with the mod through SKSE itself or does the mod just work like any other mod installed through NMM/Vortex? So if I just download and activate the mod and have SKSE installed, the mod works jst like that?

SKSE should automatically load itself when you start the game. Mod installation works like any other mod (no additional steps due to SKSE).

SKSE don't start automatically. You have to start it with SKSE64 loader. This program load the dll plugins and start Skyrim. If you start Skyrim normal, than SKSE will not been loaded.

Awesome, thank you both :) :thumbsup:

I suspected as much but wasn't sure about it.

Sorry, yes you have to load it up manually.

But once you have SKSE, you can go to the dashboard on Vortex and you'll see "skyrim script extender" button.

Hit the three little dots next to it ans select "make primary". Now any time you launch the game through Vortex

it automatically launches with SKSE.

Edited by Toptag