Anyone familiar with Djinni, some basic advice?

JubalBarca

So, as I'm currently ill I thought I'd spend some time tinkering with Djinni and building a little scenario that can be broadly summed up as Geralt visiting his world's equivalent of the Caucasus. I'm struggling a bit with some of the basics still, though - I've of course found the wiki and read through it.

Firstly, I'm getting issues where some of my spawned guards just float around with their arms out straight and no animations. Other character types seem to be fine, so I've little idea what's causing the bug for the ones that have it.

Second, and perhaps even more annoyingly, my "allied" characters aren't fighting my "enemies". They have the affiliation_commoner and affiliation_guard settings, and are attitude)neutral to the player: the ifrits I'm using as a test enemy are attitude_hostile and have the affiliation_monster_magic and affiliation_spectre settings, and each has the appropriate enemy_ flags set such that they should be getting into a fight, and both are set to behaviour_aggressive. But they just stand next to each other and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Advice appreciated if anyone has any. Many thanks!

Advice appreciated if anyone has any. Many thanks!

Most of my Djinni questions got answered by looking at the CDPR-made adventures in Djinni and seeing how things worked in them. So I'd look at Vesna Hood's Character file and NPC Story file and see what CDPR did to make her fight the barghests.

Have fun!

Good point, I've done that for a couple other things but hadn't thought where I could find an equivalent case for this. Thank you.

One other thing I've hit that I can't do that way, though - the dialog in djinni for assigning items to shops or inventories seems to only find items available from the general pool, and not custom items from a specific module. I've tried loading other modules and they have the same issue, In general there's no issue with djinni finding the new item I created, it pops up in the sidebar and I can assign it to Geralt fine via a script, it just doesn't show up when I want to drag-and-drop some into a shop's inventory. Is this something you've come across too?

EDIT: Should say, I've also tried closing and reopening Djinni. I can make things show up in the drag-and-drop from the inventory selector's "add file" button... but then it gets created in the main folder so it's not attached to the module.

Edited by JubalBarca

There's a ton of stuff that doesn't show up in Djinni that should. I unbiff all of the files, then put the item files for everything in The Witcher Enhanced Edition Directors Cut\Data\Templates\Items, then any item in the game is there when putting stuff in shops or chests.