Lunge mine for fnv

leotheEliteMajor117

I'm looking for a WW-2 relic, and a jury rigged one

For a jury rigged how about a bundle of TNT strapped around the end. That's simple, and we could add something that look like a spring or other device at the tip as a trigger.

Â

The Chinese never wanted their soldiers go on suicide tactics like banzais.

I'm not particularly well versed in history, but I do believe there are historical precedents for Chinese suicide troops;

From the wiki entry; "WadeâGiles: Kan-ssu-tui) or "Suicide squads"[85][86] were frequently used by Chinese armies. China deployed these suicide units against the Japanese during the Second Sino-Japanese War."

Here is a pic of "Chinese suicide bomber putting on 24 hand grenade-explosive vest prior to attack on Japanese tanks at the";

Chinese_infantry_soldier_preparing_a_sui

We have a much greater cultural awareness of Japanese suicide bombers, and that may be in part because we didn't engage the Chinese

Â

Who needs chinese plasma lunge mines tho?

Â

I think there could be a few points to consider. 1. it ties in with Chinese warfare supporting fallout lore of Chinese conflict, 2. it allows the creation of a retro sci-fi weapon which fits with fallout, 3. it'd be fun to create (for me, personally). I will (and have quite a few times) create requests for stuff that doesn't appeal to me, but I prefer to work on assets that I find personally compelling and I think a retro sci-fi version would be interesting. Maybe a plasma version?Â

Â

I think that bayonet stabbing animations can be implemented for fallout new vegas, like the Knife Spear from DM uses like a Bat-swing animation instead of a stab animation. I doubt it's possible but if it isn't, well let's make the lunge mine use bat-swing anims.

I think the thermic lance could work in this case since the lunge mine will explode upon contact (ie. don't have to worry about the continual damage/chainsaw like part of the animation, we'll just have the stabbing part).

Â

Also, i would only want a melee version

Sure, I can understand your POV on that one.

Woah, long quoting dude but lemme summarize.

Yes, make the jury rigged version look like that,

Also, yeah I changed my mind about Chinese Plasma lunge mines, you can make one if you want but I hope you have a good time making it! :)

Ahh yes, forgot about the Thermic lance, the thermic lance animations is enough to make a lunge mine for fnv! Great idea!

I don't think I'v expressed that view, or if I have, I must have been out of it....I'm ok with new assets. In fact I'll be making quite a few. SCOLs are fine, no worries.

From your first post on it

You wouldn't have much in the way of new models or resources of that type, but it would be very heavy with dialog and scripting. And it would need some strong story lines to really shine.

Because it's scope is so huge and most of the mod wouldn't involve any actual meshes/textures etc we could probably just use a continually updated esp. Any bsa or resources would be updated much less frequently. The advantage here is we could start putting stuff out right away. Audio files would be the exception, but we can still do a ton and worry about audio when peeps start volunteering their services (except for securitrons which I'd like to make some barks at the begining of this project).

But a re read ... I see you weren't explicit about it.

As far as new models though ... I have no experience with using the modeling programs , and I don't really intend to start. So that kinda stuff will be up to you.

OK started working on the wasteland model. There isn't much there yet, just a spear and some dynamite. pic;

1320939-1583935958.jpg

I need to replace the spearhead with a pressure switch. A mesh that has a spring or switch looking device. LabroLEO can you do me a solid and find something that looks like that or alternately, what you'd like to see for the triggering mechanism. Then tell me what the item is and/or take a screen shot if you can. I'll chop off the part of the mesh we need and put it on the end of the spear shaft. This will save me some time and guarantee you find a item you like.

I'll probably rotate the dynamite 180 so the wires go into the trigger mechanism and retexture them red or something so they dont' look like the standard lit fuse.

Sorry it took so long to get started, I have (had) to download all my old tools and set them up.

OK started working on the wasteland model. There isn't much there yet, just a spear and some dynamite. pic;

ÃÃÃÂ

1320939-1583935958.jpg

I need to replace the spearhead with a pressure switch. A mesh that has a spring or switch looking device. LabroLEO can you do me a solid and find something that looks like that or alternately, what you'd like to see for the triggering mechanism. Then tell me what the item is and/or take a screen shot if you can. I'll chop off the part of the mesh we need and put it on the end of the spear shaft. This will save me some time and guarantee you find a item you like.

ÃÃÃÂ

I'll probably rotate the dynamite 180 so the wires go into the trigger mechanism and retexture them red or something so they dont' look like the standard lit fuse.

ÃÃÃÂ

Sorry it took so long to get started, I have (had) to download all my old tools and set them up.

Now that's a sexy looking Wasteland lunge mine for the perfect suicidal fiend!

https://www.mediafire.com/view/lq90b2eukam9n6h/images_%282%29.jpeg/file

That's one of the images of the lunge mine, the spear head in the WW2 variant looks like an upside down cone with what seems to be these 3 stick looking thingies on the other end of the cone.

We can do this easily for the Wasteland variant, for the upside down cone as the spearhead, we may use a Pot for the spearhead and stick 3 empty bullets of the .308, mostly equals to 1 Case of .308 for it, as those in the WW2 variant which look like small pressure trigger cylinders. We stick the 3 bullets using wonderglue, add those wires using scrap electronics and maybe the sensor module for the trigger? Any thoughts?

Edited by LabroLEO

we may use a Pot for the spearhead

Sure, but I'll keep the model shown in the pic as another variant. I want to show off the dynamite, for artistic/aesthetic purposes, it looks janky as heck....something you don't want to be within a country mile of.

For the shaped version I can throw a pan on there. It will cover up the dynamite, but it will shape/direct the explosive force (reducing damage for the wielder).

However something stronger would direct even more of the force. Like the head of a sentry bot would probably be effective. Another variant could be a landmine, with explosive side pointing out, I think it's roughly the right size.

wonderglue, add those wires using scrap electronics and maybe the sensor module for the trigger? Any thoughts?

Yep those sound like pretty reasonable components.

What about a sledgehammer with a Mini Nuke as the head? It would be really scary to fight some raiders with such things. Finally some reason to fear the poor fiend with a melee weapon

I was playing with the idea of SM weapons having a sledge with explosives or radioactive materials to beef up their melee ability, but if we are talking a all out suicide weapon a mini nuke would do it. I doubt many players will walk away from that one hit wonder. Sure I'll throw it into the mix, but I pity the player that has to face a psychotic swinging a nuke.

OK, have a different variant (say MK II) of the wasteland version, pic

1320939-1584520444.jpg

I think this has several advantages;
1. It's already meant to direct the force and shrapnel upward (or in this case toward the target and away from the wielder). Which means more damage to the target and less damage to the wielder.
2. It's much easier to construct, just some superglue and a frag mine (and maybe a sensor module on top?).
3. You can make whatever versions you want via other mines (frag, plasma etc).

Because this is a shaped charge (or maybe that's not the correct term, maybe it's directed force, I'm not sure) I'd suggest full damage to the target and half damage to the wielder. The lower part of the bucket could have other material in it (say concrete a few inches of concrete or some other material) to direct the force toward the bucket mouth.

Some disadvantages are that it's less explosive damage than a bundle of TNT, and it's probably a more expensive component (landmine vs tnt).

It looks like my blender activities are going to be somewhat curtailed until I can get a new logitech m570...the one I dug out of storage is a goner. Trying to mess around in blender with a 2 button trackball built into a keyboard is somewhat an exercise in patience :sad:

BTW does this pic ring a bell for anyone? I mean I've been away from FONV for quite a while, but I'm pretty sure Brahmin don't lay eggs. It's listed as dlc03brahminegg01.nif in the BSA.
Pic;

1320939-1584521795.jpg

OK, have a different variant (say MK II) of the wasteland version, pic

Â

1320939-1584520444.jpg

I think this has several advantages;

1. It's already meant to direct the force and shrapnel upward (or in this case toward the target and away from the wielder). Which means more damage to the target and less damage to the wielder.

2. It's much easier to construct, just some superglue and a frag mine (and maybe a sensor module on top?).

3. You can make whatever versions you want via other mines (frag, plasma etc).

Because this is a shaped charge (or maybe that's not the correct term, maybe it's directed force, I'm not sure) I'd suggest full damage to the target and half damage to the wielder. The lower part of the bucket could have other material in it (say concrete a few inches of concrete or some other material) to direct the force toward the bucket mouth.

Some disadvantages are that it's less explosive damage than a bundle of TNT, and it's probably a more expensive component (landmine vs tnt).

It looks like my blender activities are going to be somewhat curtailed until I can get a new logitech m570...the one I dug out of storage is a goner. Trying to mess around in blender with a 2 button trackball built into a keyboard is somewhat an exercise in patience :sad:

BTW does this pic ring a bell for anyone? I mean I've been away from FONV for quite a while, but I'm pretty sure Brahmin don't lay eggs. It's listed as dlc03brahminegg01.nif in the BSA.

Pic;

Â

1320939-1584521795.jpg

Ahh, yes, a MKII variant seems very fitting, lets say the first one does 50/50 damage to the target and welder?

Yeh, could be more expensive, however, how shall we make the bucket? Scrap metal, yes but because of Obsidian, they didn't let us collect buckets! Curse their time limit given by Bethesda to finish the game.

Also, how bout we put in the satchel charge from Lonesome road? Idk, but I suggest high damage to target but half of the damage done to target to welder as the satchel charge has a big and strong kick tbh, unless we give it something like the bucket to it. Still nonetheless the mod progress is great and awesome thx to you! I owe ya one!

Also for the brahmin egg, I think that is cut content, because of Bethesda giving the time to Obsidian to finish the game, Obsidian didn't have time to implement wildlife laying eggs. Idk about that, but I guess that egg could've been a recipe to some food.