Pretty easy mods, I guess

Dabrinko

Hi, new poster, here. With the news of the CS, could someone make me these mods, please? I'm not a very good modder myself, but I hope to spark some more inspiration with these ideas.

More durable and more intelligent Dogmeat. He's supposed to flank, not me. Bite the monsters in the leg to cripple them. Hit and run attacks all the time. Not dog armor, that's silly. New Teeth? Mutant Dogmeat? Cyborg Dogmeat?

Weapons and armors should not degrade as much (already in the works, I know, but this is different) Item degradation should be tied to your repair skill. The higher the skill, the slower the degradation. Not a complete stop, just slower.

The power armor should carry itself when equipped, no more, no less. Well, maybe get rid of the AGI penalty.

The Laser rifle had 50 range in 1 and 2. It should be remade to the sniper rifle for Energy Weapon enthusiasts.

Sniper rifle (and laser rifle) should be as good in VATS as in real time. (and the .44 scoped Magnum as well)

Tone down the VATS camera. Only huge camera pans on critical, otherwise just over the shoulder or nothing at all.

Increase the level cap, now with kept karma titles and no bugs. Just make it worth playing a little more after hitting 20. 25-30, doesn't matter. Don't increase the resistance too much. Make me feel like a badass.

If you find another schematic for a custom weapon, it should do more than affect the initial condition. It should affect the damage somewhat, maybe range in appropriate cases and most definetely item degradation rates.

That's all. Do you think it could be done?

Thanks for reading.

Most of the mod ideas here are doable. The VATS camera change i think would be difficult. I think the weapon degradation depending on repair skill is not entirely realistic because no matter how good at fixing things they will still degrade. It would be better if you could repair them more when you combine weapons.

I fully agree that power armor should carry itself since that is what power armor is for.

Combining schematics should have much more effect.

Increasing the level cap and slowing down leveling slightly would be nice. This one is almost definitely doable.

Thanks for your input.

The VATS change is maybe difficult, I don't know how the CS is yet.

Well, I just get annoyed with repairing my things all the time. With 100 in repair the stuff should last longer. Maybe not realistic, but a disappeared annoyance. Maybe I'll just go with a general "slower degradation".

Archived