Skyrim; Iron Man Style

spendavis

I would like to hear more about "Urdyre is dead." sentence.

I dont like to sound negative but as for reader the failing is fun part to read=) Specially if death was fast and epic.

It wasn't very eventful. She got squished by a god, basically a one hit murderization. The same holds true for Absynth, the gods can one hit kill her as well as many monsters in Skyrim. Which sort of balances out, since it seems while sneaking I can kill most these OP monsters. The various World Bosses are large, I can easily shoot them from far away relatively safely and they can't usually do anything about it. But there are a lot of world bosses, or "primal gods" as I referred to them. All it takes is one mistake~

That and there are the various ubbermonsters besides the world bosses. Such as Giant Ogres, and that blue witchy lady who nearly killed me...

I'm posting to report that I had to activate TGM on Absynth, one of the monsters assaulted me when it didn't really exist (Like, it's files were messed up and it was entirely invisible and undetectable. I've seen this happen often, like it did with Sabercats once.) Didn't seem very fair that she would die because of a metagame reason like code failure.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111077604

Here we go. Absynth standing triumphant over the God of Destruction, the god that killed Urdyre. (Took my time, waiting for Absynth to naturally cross paths with it. Otherwise I would'a killed it sooner.)

Edited by Cipherthe3vil

There is a guy on Youtube called Zemalf who tried it with a pure mage. He got quite far. Then he died.

I've done it before (well sorta). Completed the main quest.

I had two deaths, but I carried on. As I explained when I posted about it a while back...

"First death was because I was stupidly wearing cloth armor and a Thalmor warrior one-shotted me with a BS outta-nowhere unblockable instakill move when I had full HP. I declared that death to be BS (which it was) and decided to keep playing.

The second was fighting Ohdaving, which was stupid thing to do given you dont really need to fight him up close. He snapped me with his jaws while I had just under half hp and wiped me out. I wasnt expecting it at all given that dragons hadnt been much of a problem previously. Id gotten so far at that point that I decided to play on. You dont HAVE to fight Ohdaving so I figured it wasnt worthy of being counted as a death. Agree or disagree?"

I would like to try it again with all the great mods that have been released since then. Civil War Unrest, Immersive Patrols, Deadly Dragons, ASIS... I also increase the difficulty using a few mods I made like heal potions having a duration instead of being instant, and sneak difficulty increase.

Trouble is that although Im keen to do it, graphics issues have made the game unplayable since immersion is important to me.

If you are going to do it, I'd have to say that not wearing heavy armor is going to get you killed quite a few times. Sure, it slows you down, but it tends to prevent being one-shotted. But also, since it slows you down, it can actually cause your death too. Its a bit hard to decide whether light armor or heavy armor is the way to go, because you can kite with light armor and sneaking is easier. Running away is harder with heavy. Depending on the situation you either need to be able to stand your ground, or run away, or use illusion magic or something. I found it necessary to have on-going access to invisibility and paralyze for moments of extreme danger - of which there are many! Versatility is the key. You really need to plan ahead and make sure you are well-equipped before heading out. Alchemy I found to be super important, both for accumulating wealth and surviving combat.

The second was fighting Ohdaving, which was stupid thing to do given you dont really need to fight him up close. He snapped me with his jaws while I had just under half hp and wiped me out. I wasnt expecting it at all given that dragons hadnt been much of a problem previously. Id gotten so far at that point that I decided to play on. You dont HAVE to fight Ohdaving so I figured it wasnt worthy of being counted as a death. Agree or disagree?"

I would like to try it again with all the great mods that have been released since then. Civil War Unrest, Immersive Patrols, Deadly Dragons, ASIS... I also increase the difficulty using a few mods I made like heal potions having a duration instead of being instant, and sneak difficulty increase.

Sneak difficulty increase? Really? It's hard enough as it is. You have to have 50+ sneak to be at all effective. Even now, I'm useless for actual stealth. I only use it long enough to line a sneak attack up to start fights off with a kick, if I don't think I can get away with hiding, then returning to sneak attack more XD.

Sneak itself is horrible and underpowered. The weakness here is the relatively short period people look for you usually. Skyrim is absolute horse nuggets for sneaking.

I'm not sure if that's really reason or not. It's a bit metagame, but also not. You're character got too cocky because of the ease taking down other dragons, and let your guard down. Could go either way, but honestly it seems more in character then not :P

But that's fine.

I reload all the time when I die where I truly believe my character shouldn't have died, usually due to game controls, errors such as completely invisible monsters (can't even click them in console, to further prove they aren't supposed to be like that). Though one time I reloaded when a Giant Ogre killed me because my stamina ran out. Who the fk cares if your sides burn or you're tired, if there is a giant fking ogre crashing through the forest after you- you are going to haul ass until you can't haul no more and fall down dead. There should be a mod that drains your health slowly at first, then in increasing amounts allowing you to push forward in danger. Then it slows down when you get close to dying simulating that at that point you get numb to it all, but at that point you'd still take continuous slow damage thereafter even if you stop using stamina, which will probably kill you without healing or eating food then sleeping.

That'd be nice...

If you are going to do it, I'd have to say that not wearing heavy armor is going to get you killed quite a few times. Sure, it slows you down, but it tends to prevent being one-shotted. But also, since it slows you down, it can actually cause your death too. Its a bit hard to decide whether light armor or heavy armor is the way to go, because you can kite with light armor and sneaking is easier. Running away is harder with heavy. Depending on the situation you either need to be able to stand your ground, or run away, or use illusion magic or something. I found it necessary to have on-going access to invisibility and paralyze for moments of extreme danger - of which there are many! Versatility is the key. You really need to plan ahead and make sure you are well-equipped before heading out. Alchemy I found to be super important, both for accumulating wealth and surviving combat.

I find that I still get one shotted by 25% of the monsters out there for the first 20-25 levels no matter what I'm wearing. So I use light armor + sneak, keeping my eyes on the surroundings and avoiding obvious threats, unless I'm far enough I'll probably kill them before they can kill me.

Meanwhile I got Become Ethereal as soon as logically possible for my character to stumble upon it. With various improvements on my shout cooldown, I can use it, run away without losing stamina, turn to shoot, run some more shortly until it becomes available again (short wait), and repeat until I get away or they are all dead.

Alternatively, I've got Two-Handed up with Archery, if it looks like I wont die in a few seconds I'll use two handed.

Hey!

I think I've finally arrived at mod and graphics settings that will result in a smooth recorded playthrough.

Have you begun your permadeath attempt yet? I'm keen to know your progress.

You might be interested to know my character's backstory...

Name: Filok (meaning escape in Dragon)

Origin: Both his parents were Nord, and he was born in Skyrim. Was taken from Skyrim to an early age when it was prophetically revealed to his father who was a Blade in hiding. Due to his parents knowledge of him being Dragonborn, and the threat of the Thalmor towards the Blades, he has lived a sheltered, secretive life in Cyrodiil, learning basic combat, survival and crafting skills. (He will start at level 0 in all his skills, but it does explain why a new character can start with rudimentary knowledge of all these things, such as forging). He does however have an extensive knowledge of Skyrim's alchemical ingredients which his father bestowed to him, knowing it would be key to his son's survival.

Return to Skyrim: Filok had a sense of unease with the return of Alduin. He received a prophetic dream, which included his going to the chopping block and the appearance of Alduin atop the tower (hence why he did not resist stepping forward, for hearing Alduin beforehand sealed in his mind that the vision would come to pass). Before Filok left for Skyrim, his father had also been receiving prophetic dreams, and when they conferred together they agreed it was time for Filok to go. His father charged him to keep his Dragonborn status a secret, and also to protect the identity of any Blades he encounters.

This will take a while to complete, and currently I plan only to release the playthrough videos if I successfully complete the main quest without dying.

I'm also going to be using other mods that increase the difficulty such as my own http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/3301089 > Files tab