Realistic Cooking Mod

Daggdag

OK, I have been pissed off about the horrible put together cooking system in skyrim for some time now. If it was only 1 or 2 things that were wrong, I could overlook it, but there are so many things that were badly done that it's not funny.

1; All soups look the same. Even when the soup, when actually cooked, looks completely different. An example of this would be potato soup, which has a white/off white look to it, is represented by a bowl of chili in game.

2; All foods are cooked with the same thing....salt pile. Not all recipes have salt in them. So, it's makes no sense to have salt pile as a universal ingredient.

3; Food is all cooked in a pot. This is one of the stupidest things about the cooking system. Why is a roasted pheasant cooked in a soup pot?

There are several other things wrong, but I have decided, for the sake of not making this thread too long that no one wants to read it, to only post those three, since they are the top problems, IMO.

Now, that I have named the problems, it's time to name the solution.

I am making a cooking mod for skyrim, but not only am I modding the current one, I am remaking it almost from the ground up.

I am not only adding new recipes and dishes, and altering the effects of current ones, but I am reworking the ingredient list to reflect a more realistic way of cooking.

New Cooking Equptment

One of the main things I will be doing is limiting the use of cooking pots to soups and stews. Meats will be cooking using the spit, which I will separate from the pot into it's own item. I will also be adding usable ovens in which bread, sweet rolls, and other baked goods will be made. I will also be adding in a camp cooking set, which will include a spit, pot, and small iron oven.

Revamped Ingredients

I will be adding several ingredients to the game. I will add several new vegetables and meats to the game, in addition to the ones already available, as well as altering the meats to include several different cuts and styles. Jerky will be added to the game as well, and meats will be made parishable, meaning that if you keep them in your inventory, they will go rotten, and they will give you "Food poisoning" as a disease when eaten. In addition to new meats and vegetation, herbs and spices will be added to the game as well. Salt will be changed from "salt pile", to a optional spice, and rosemary, sage, pepper, and others will be added as well. There will also be other more universal add ons, such milk, flour, etc...

Realistic Recipes

Instead of having 1 or 2 ingredients for a dish, players will need a more realistic collection. For example, Tomato Soup will be made with tomato, milk, leek, salt, pepper, and sage.

Just a suggest..make the food benefits in % ( per cent points on the total, same as others RPG, Gothic for example) not in health, stamina or mana points, otherwise the food still useless since the first hours of game just like the vanilla one, for the rest good luck :thumbsup: