Can't Attack anything unless I power attack

Darviela

This is probably a known issue but I can't find anything about it online.

Seemingly out of nowhere I lost the ability to attack with any weapon unless I hold down the mouse buttan to do a power attack. I also CANT cast spells but I CAN cast shouts.

Any idea what is causing this?

do you have dawnguard installed by the way? as this was the main issue of Dawnguard DLC combined with wrong update and / or custom animation mods without Dawnguard support

do you have dawnguard installed by the way? as this was the main issue of Dawnguard DLC combined with wrong update and / or custom animation mods without Dawnguard support

I DO have dawnguard installed. I also have RBS which I think changes some anims.

What anim should I download and replace whatever I have with?

Edited by Darviela

Yeah many mods dont support Dawnguard, have you still any bakup on the original? try them at first to see if the problem get solved, and then try out diffrent other animation mods later with trail and error i suppose if there arent any mentioning about Dawnguard support in the readme or text description on the mod sites

I DO have dawnguard installed. I also have RBS which I think changes some anims.

Edited by Shadiva

for instance I'd suggest updating the game up to 1.8 through steam then perhaps searching for your anim. mods updates that fix the Dawnguard issue.

or perhaps replacing animations with those with Dawnguard support.

Also if you have crossbow animation bug you could check this:

crossbow fix

Yeah many mods dont support Dawnguard, have you still any bakup on the original? try them at first to see if the problem get solved, and then try out diffrent other animation mods later with trail and error i suppose if there arent any mentioning about Dawnguard support in the readme or text description on the mod sites

From were would I extract the default animations? What BSA file? Can't I just delete the Anim files that are causing this. I am almost certain its a part of RBS.

Not entirly sure how animations work but try delete the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character

that should get rid of al modded animations

try look at these links for a perhaps better understanding of animations mods

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24069

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11811

Oh sweet, the problem got solved, thats nice! :laugh:

Edited by Shadiva

• 8 months later...