Good/Bad Skyrim character

jpatca

So, I've made a new character a few months ago, a Nord, joined the army (stormcloaks), completed the Dragonborn quest, completed the companions, helped most civilians, also completed the Thieves guild earlier for the money, mages guild, his thane in most cities, so it's kind of an hero character, and hasn't started any ''evil'' deadric quests yet.. Now, I'm sure I'll run out of quests some time, and all I'll have left will be Dark Brotherhood, Boethias call and all those dark-character type of quest. Now I'm not sure wether to make a new character and play as a dark/villan character, or to complete them with my current 'hero' character as in ''either you die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villan'' type of thing.. This is my first role-play character and my second one, the first one was just a newbie, completing quests and killing random things not knowing s*** about skyrim..

What you think, anyone has experience with these character stories or watever? I'm afraid that if I complete those 'dark quests' with my current character, I won't feel like creating a realy dark character afterwards..

Edited by jpatca

Well, if you intend on making a third character anyway, save the dark quests for that character because the thing about the those quests in Skyrim is they get pants-on-head stupid pretty fast. For example, when you're introduced to the Dark Brotherhood quest line you sorta get the idea that they're like that old mafia quote "I've never killed anyone who didn't deserve it"... but as soon as you're in the club room you're busy making necklaces out of puppies and kittens. There's no room for a character to "grow" into the role of an emotionless killer, he/she is either one before joining or just pulled a 180 in the morality department for the lulz.

The dark daedric quests, on the other hand, are a mixed bag. On one hand you could say your character feels compelled to obey the daedric princes because they're practically gods, but on the other hand you did just kill an immortal, soul-devouring, Shor-snubbing dragon that was about to end the world. Suddenly losing spine against the daedric princes seems out of place too, especially since they don't threaten the world or seem to be able to manifest in the world without some help.

personal thoughts 1st. go with the "evil" build the thief/murderer. Then go with the "good guy" to atone for your evil ways. Like you said its hard to be the saviour of the world then turn rabid scumbag. But then its your game play it having fun is the important thing.

You can actually destroy the dark brotherhood if you want to.

After killing the Grelod the Kind (lets face it, shes not exactly good, I don't think it would break the good-guy persona you have if you killed her.) in Riften for Arentino, the next time you go to sleep Astrid contacts you, right?

Well, you CAN kill Astrid when in the shack, instead of one of her prisoners. If you choose to do this, her corpse will contain a note and a key I believe, if you take these to the Guard Captain in Dragonsbridge, he will initiate a quest in which you wipe out the entire brotherhood. Pretty cool for the true good guy players.

I'd make a new character. Seriously immersion-breaking to be saving the world and giving out sweets one minute and cackling madly and torturing people the next.

*cough* quest for molag bal in oblivion*cough*

Corrupting a heroic almighty justice character is sooo Molag Balish nom nom nom :biggrin:

But of course I would just make another character and start from scratch. :thumbsup: