How Do I get rid of Plugins on Vortex

Tragthemercenary

Perhaps I should have put this question on Vortex forums, but I though I would start here.

There are a number of plugins that I don't use, anymore, but I can't remove them (for some reason). I'm up to about 225 plugins, and there's about 20 that I could get rid of. They aren't being used. Note that sometimes I get rid of a mod, and so the master files are gone. But the plugins still show up in that section of Vortex. They're not active (because they mostly don't have their master files). But they still show up, and occupy a position on the plugin list.

For example, I still have the plugin for DBM_RelicHunter, and it's plugin number is 213. But I can't get it out of the list of plugins (and make Plugin #213) available for something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, if uninstalling the mod didn't remove the associated plugin... the way I'd go about it is:

1. Disable the plugin. (in Vortex anyway, it's as easy as clicking the plugins tab, then finding the offending plugin and clicking the button that says "enabled"). If you use MO2 or NMM, idk, someone else might have the appropriate answer.
  2. Then open the save file(s) you normally use
  3. Create a new save(s)
  4. Open fallrim tools
  5. Open the new save(s)
  6. Make sure to purge any garbage it might have left behind. (disabling a plugin may or may not leave behind garbage)

I don't think there's any "remove plugin" option, since ostensibly, uninstalling a mod should also remove and associated plugins (and I'm not going to experiment on my game, since it's stable right now), so you may just have to leave it there.

One thing I'd recommend in the future (or just in general), is that when uninstalling a mod, make sure to uninstall its patches/addons first, then and only then the mod itself. when I uninstall a multi-"file" mod, I always make sure to view the mods in installation order, then go backwards to remove it, ie, its fix for some related mod, then the addon I had installed that does some special thing for the mod in question, and so forth, then and only then the mod itself. I suspect that uninstalling a mod first and then its addons/patches might cause some issues, possibly including leftover plugins.

Thanks, very much. Your method worked perfectly, and LOOT is verifying it. What happened with me is that when I deleted a mod, the program (Vortex) failed to remove all of its plugins. This wasn't on all of the mods ... just a few of them. To take care of any garbage, I went into the DATA section of my game directory and looked for the ones that didn't delete entirely. There was only one, and though it didn't show in the plugin section of VORTEX, there was partial data left over. I hit delete, the plugin re-appeared in Vortex, I redeployed without saving or reverting, and it was completely gone.

It now reads correctly as 196 plugins.

Once again, thanks. Your mention of "garbage" really helped.