Weapons&Power armor from Warhammer 40K

StulOtcruchenii

For creating a really big modification we'll need a stuff at about 3, 4 modders (incuding me) or even more to make our work fast and really great crafted! But at the moment this theme is'n popular for modders :confused:

I have an idea! A 40K simulator! In the main quest there is a bit when you enter a simulation so you could modify the scripts and use the pods. You could find some place (perhaps the experimental area of a game company) and get in the pod and you enter a 40K simulation! And the reward for the quest you would have to do in order to escape the simulation you could get the password for a computer that opens a door to the merchandising test lab and in there, there would be a functional set(s) of armor/weapons (what kind of gamer wouldn't want to buy merchandise like that). Also after the quest completes you can enter and leave the simulation all you want. This way you can have 40K and not break the game's lore!

"For creating a really big modification we'll need a stuff at about 3, 4 modders (incuding me) or even more to make our work fast and really great crafted! But at the moment this theme is'n popular for modders"

True, due to the lack of successfull mods based on it. They are in developement but never released because it takes too long. If we just don't set the bar to high and attempt a perfect release as the first release. I'd like to join the team for this.

"I have an idea! A 40K simulator! In the main quest there is a bit when you enter a simulation so you could modify the scripts and use the pods. You could find some place (perhaps the experimental area of a game company) and get in the pod and you enter a 40K simulation! And the reward for the quest you would have to do in order to escape the simulation you could get the password for a computer that opens a door to the merchandising test lab and in there, there would be a functional set(s) of armor/weapons (what kind of gamer wouldn't want to buy merchandise like that). Also after the quest completes you can enter and leave the simulation all you want. This way you can have 40K and not break the game's lore!"

Interesting enough, Id like to see a full conversion however. But maybe it would be a way of entering the mod? Many oblivion mods that added new worlds just placed a teleporter door in a random city.

"I have an idea! A 40K simulator! In the main quest there is a bit when you enter a simulation so you could modify the scripts and use the pods. You could find some place (perhaps the experimental area of a game company) and get in the pod and you enter a 40K simulation! And the reward for the quest you would have to do in order to escape the simulation you could get the password for a computer that opens a door to the merchandising test lab and in there, there would be a functional set(s) of armor/weapons (what kind of gamer wouldn't want to buy merchandise like that). Also after the quest completes you can enter and leave the simulation all you want. This way you can have 40K and not break the game's lore!"

Yeah< it might be exactly what we need! A golden center between a good quset ( that will not breake the atmosthere) and an armor set! :thumbsup:

I am not sure about the legal details but you could have the games workshop or 40K logo (or a knock off ;) ) on the building along with the game company logo (like a knock off of THQ or another company that has made 40K games).

It would be cool to see posters and merchandise all over the place.

Re: comments that Mods should be "Canon". I agree that the GAME should be, and essentially is, but the beauty of mods is freedom and inventiveness. We can stick to "Canon" mods, or goe completely off reservation. Warhammer 40K? Ports of Oblivion mods? Alien invasion? Iron Man? Bring it on!

Everyone who thinks that somebody will be angy with us about Warhammer 40K mod, should now, that mooders can use whatever they wont as ingame content, coz they didn't make the game and their mds are not commercial! So...Don't worry be...famous! :thumbsup:

I would love to learn how to mod and help with this project.

I am not sure about the legal details but you could have the games workshop or 40K logo (or a knock off ;) ) on the building along with the game company logo (like a knock off of THQ or another company that has made 40K games).

It would be cool to see posters and merchandise all over the place.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone considered emailing and asking Games Workshop for permission? They might even be willing to supply us with some basic 3d models, skins and animations, if we are polite enough. They are gamers too, after all.

Archived