How to activate BBB Designer Body spell mod

alfazz16

Hello, sorry for my bad english, i´m from germany.

I installed the BBB Designer Body spell mod with NMM,

Link: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/34762/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D34762

it appeares in the plugin folder "set body.esp" and i have a mark on it, but where is it in the game? In the readme it should be added to the players spellbook, but in the inventory there is no spellbook. Where do i find the spellbook? Could i reach it witch the console key? what do i have to tye in?

In the readme stands something about an OBSE file and it´s repuired for that mod? What is OBSE and in witch folder do i have to extract it?

( i have also installed HGEC Body and BBB)

Could anybody help me? Thx a lot

JSP

First off, BBB Designer Body Spell won't install correctly using Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) because of the way that the compressed archive is organised. You will need to download the main file by clicking on the words 'BBB Designer Body Spell' under the title heading 'MAIN FILES' and then select a location to save the download. I suggest creating a new folder. When I download I do so to a new subfolder for each mod in my 'OblivionDownloads' folder that I created. For this mod I have it in H:\OblivionDownloads\BBB_Designer_Body_Spell. Once you download you will have a file named 'BBB_Designer_Body_Spell-34762.rar'. Next you need a utility to extract the archive contents. I suggest 7-Zip Archive Utility.

After you have installed 7-Zip you will just doubleclick on the downloaded file BBB_Designer_Body_Spell-34762.rar in a Windows Explorer window opened to the folder you downloaded to, and then select the 'Extract' button at the top of the 7-Zip window. It defaults to extracting to the same folder the archive is in, making things easy to find when it's done. You will now see two folders, 'Main' and 'Optional'. In the Main folder there will be three folders, 'Data' 'ERA Fix for HGEC' and 'ERA Fix for RA'. Right mouse click on the folder Data and from the right click menu select 'Copy'. Now switch to your game install's 'Oblivion' folder (probably found in the path 'Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion'). I prefer to do this in a new Windows Explorer window myself, but you can just navigate to that folder in the window you have open. Right click on the 'Oblivion' folder and select 'Paste'. You will get a Windows warning about there already being a folder named 'Data'. Select 'Yes to All' (this mod doesn't overwrite any of the game's original files ... the folder names are the same so that's what the warning is about).

Next you need to get Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) installed. On this OBSE page click on the link http://obse.silverlock.org/download/obse_0020.zip beside the word 'Download' near the top of the page. Download to a folder named OBSE (again in my case I have a folder H:\OblivionDownloads\OBSE). Extract the file 'obse_0020.zip'. You will now have a folder 'obse_0020'. Inside you'll see a subfolder 'src'. You don't need any of that as it is only for people who want to develop plugins for OBSE or contribute to the next version of OBSE. In the root of the obse_0020 folder you'll see seven files. Which of those files you'll need depends on which version of Oblivion you are using ... mainly one of the disk version of the game (e.g. Game of the Year disk version) or download version (e.g. Steam download version). An important thing to note if you are using a download version of the game ... it must be the Steam version. Direct2Drive, Impulse and GameSpot versions of the game will not work with OBSE. Also, if you are using a disk version of the game it must be patched to the latest version of the game, version 1.2.0416 (as shown in the lower left of your game's menu screen).

For the disk version of the game you copy the files 'obse_1_2_416.dll', 'obse_editor_1_2.dll', and 'obse_loader.exe' to your game's Oblivion folder (so it would be 'Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe' for example). I'm not familiar with NMM myself. It may recognize that you are now going to be using OBSE to start the game and automatically switch to using obse_loader.exe. You'll need to refer to the NMM instructions on that. If you are starting the disk version of the game via a desktop shortcut you will need to edit that shortcut so that it starts the game using 'obse_loader.exe' instead of 'OblivionLauncher.exe'. Right click your desktop shortcut and select 'Properties'. In the 'Target' field single left click behind the words 'OblivionLauncher.exe' to remove the highlight, and change it to read obse_loader.exe. Make sure to keep the quote (") mark at the end and click 'Apply' then close out the dialogue.

For the Steam version of the game you copy the files 'obse_1_2_416.dll', 'obse_editor_1_2.dll', and 'obse_steam_loader.dll' to your game's Oblivion folder (so it would be 'Steam\SteamApps\common\Oblivion\obse_steam_loader.dll' for example). You will need to have 'Enable Steam Community In-Game' enabled, and will start the game normally and Steam will load OBSE.

The last piece of the puzzle is activating this mod's esp file (named 'SetBody.esp'). For Steam or NMM you'll find it and activate it the same way you always do with mods. If you are using the disk version of the game and used your desktop shortcut in the past you'll need to change how you activate mods a little. In the past (when your desktop shortcut still used OblivionLauncher.exe) it would bring up the game launcher and you'd select 'Data Files' and find your new 'SetBody.esp' in the list. Now that your desktop shortcut is changed to start the game using obse_loader.exe you won't get that game launcher (instead you'll see two small black windows and then go directly to the game's menu screen). To get to the game's launcher screen just go to your Windows Start button and using it navigate to your shortcut there (I'm using Windows XP still, so if you're on Vista or Windows 7 the steps will be slightly different but it will still be there in 'All Programs'). That shortcut will still bring up the original game launcher. Select 'Data Files' and activate 'SetBody.esp' (put the black X next to it) and then 'Exit' from the game launcher (it's very important now that you are using OBSE to not start the game using the original game launcher).

Start the game and look at your list of spells. Near the top of the list in your 'Lesser Powers' you'll find two new spells, 'Set Body' and 'Set Body Self'. Enjoy!

Edited by Striker879

Thank you very much, it works so far, but...

i copied the obse files, i change the load direction on the shortcut desktopicon, start the game ....and it appears. In the spell list is now:'Set Body' and 'Set Body Self', but right of that in the list stands" 0" is this correct?

When i klick on it nothing happens, even in the inventory is nothing to klick and activate. How do i get to the menue?

I must say, i have the mod still installed witch NMM. Or do i have to reinstall the mod?

(I have the dirc version of the game -no steam- updated 1.2.0416)

Would you be so kind and answer me again?

Thx, JSP

If by 'dirc' version of the game you mean the version from Direct2Drive I am afraid you will not be able to use BBB Designer Body Spell. The Direct2Drive version cannot work with OBSE for copywrite reasons and BBB Designer Body Spell requires OBSE to work.

To uninstall OBSE change your desktop shortcut back to OblivionLoader.exe and delete the three OBSE files from your game's Oblivion folder. To uninstall BBB Designer Body Spell delete the folder 'Bombshell' from your game's 'Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters' folder and delete the file 'SetBody.esp' from your game's 'Oblivion\Data' folder.

If you decide to get the Steam version of the game you can install OBSE and BBB Designer Body Spell using the instructions I previously gave. Either the Steam version of the game or the disk version of the game are the only ways to use OBSE. If you decide to stay with the Direct2Drive version of the game get in the habit of reading mod descriptions, paying close attention to whether or not the mod requires OBSE. If it does you will have to pass on using the mod.

Edited by Striker879

OK good. After I posted last night I looked in my game at the spells. What the zero is showing is how much magicka it costs to cast the spell (Lesser Power spells are always zero).

To see if it is working correctly I have a little 'side game' I like to play. Find a female bandit and kill her. Loot all the armor and clothes from her ... if you leave a weapon she'll use that in the next step, otherwise if you take her weapon too she'll be using hand to hand. Open the console (hit the 'tilde' key, looks like a ~ and is usually found right below the Esc key on standard keyboards, left of the number one). Now using your mouse click on the dead bandit's body. You'll see some numbers come up on the top of the screen beginning with 'ff' ... e.g. ff086cb3. Now type 'resurrect 1', without the quote marks and that's a number one at the end, and then hit Enter. Close the console (hit tilde again) and she'll stand up. Cast the spell and pick a body size. I like to switch my spell to a Convalescence spell to keep her healed while we fight ... I am a friendly type of guy after all.

Something else to keep in mind is how the game treats bodies when they are clothed/armored. The clothing or armor 'becomes' the body part it covers. What this means is if your default body size is set to lets say B cup but the clothes and armor default in your game is E cup then all the females will appear to be E cup when clothed or wearing armor. If you kill one and take the clothes/armor she will 'change into' a B cup nude body (or with underwear if that's how you're set up). Now if you cast the Set Body spell on her and change her into a J cup while she's wearing clothes/armor she won't appear to change. Again kill her and strip her and you'll see she's a J cup.

Have fun.

Edited by Striker879