OBMM error message

mhahn123

So I've now got all of my modding utilities installed on my brand spanking new pc. Upgraded to the latest versions of them all as well. but now with OBMM I am getting this error message every time I launch Oblivion through OBMM. "The program can't start because d3dx9_40.dll is missing from your computer". although it does actually launch the game and plays just fine.

So does anybody know what this means? And how could I be missing something on a brand new out of the box pc? And is this perhaps just another windows 7 PITA? Never had issues with OBMM on my now dead pc with windows XP.

Striker I owe you once again. That pointed me right where I needed to go. After running a Direct X update from the official site my error message is gone and life is good once again. Thanks so much, saved me a ton of searching. Never thought upgrading to a new pc would present so many challenges. Edited by mhahn123

Yeah...I was perfectly happy with my previous setup. When it unfortunately died I had little choice but to move on. Getting Oblivion installed was a challenge, although after learning the workaround from you it was a piece of cake. Getting all my modding utilities to function has been a challenge also, but with your help on this, and Nephenee just now helping me with a newer version of Wrye Bash, it looks like I can finally enjoy some gaming again.

Just have to say I love this community. So many helpful people willing to lend a hand.