Adding Chest To Circle Tower

AFGMAlpha

If you would..... also upload the B2B file. I'm curious because I don't remember needing to set 'treasure category'. Maybe I did and just don't remember needing to do it

Its the only thing that got my chest to open finally, unless I changed something by accident and didn't see it. I'm uploading it now to my mod page.

EDIT 3: Looks like my friend is running into the same problem with it not opening after I uploaded it, if that didn't fix it, I'm not sure what to do as I was comparing each option on the chest to another from a different mod and they matched. It was a simple chest to use for storage in camp, hopefully that doesn't make too much of a difference.

Friend still can't get the placeable to open for him, I even tried changing the model to an armor stand and still nothing.

Edited by AFGMAlpha

Its the only thing that got my chest to open finally, unless I changed something by accident and didn't see it. I'm uploading it now to my mod page.

EDIT 3: Looks like my friend is running into the same problem with it not opening after I uploaded it, if that didn't fix it, I'm not sure what to do as I was comparing each option on the chest to another from a different mod and they matched. It was a simple chest to use for storage in camp, hopefully that doesn't make too much of a difference.

Friend still can't get the placeable to open for him, I even tried changing the model to an armor stand and still nothing.

Can you tell me where your mod page is? And upload a B2B? Really - when I was trying to do this, probably in a different area, I downloaded the B2B file for Iverness Keep (I think the name is anyway).

I went and remade the whole mod, I'll let you know how it goes and I look forward to seeing what you find in my mess of a mod B2B, I think it might of just been some sloppy mistakes on my part.

Please tell me that the B2B is for the remade, not the old. :whistling:

Next question - before I look at the file.... Is your goal to learn to mod? Or is it just to get the templar armor into the game? If you want to learn to mod, I suggest that we take this conversation private and I'll help you out - to the best of my meager abilities and time constraints.

Please tell me that the B2B is for the remade, not the old. :whistling:

Next question - before I look at the file.... Is your goal to learn to mod? Or is it just to get the templar armor into the game? If you want to learn to mod, I suggest that we take this conversation private and I'll help you out - to the best of my meager abilities and time constraints.

Indeed it is.

Yeah, I'd like to learn to do more than just making armor and putting it in a chest, but for now I'd like to get it to work properly and find out what I did wrong with it.

Indeed it is.

Yeah, I'd like to learn to do more than just making armor and putting it in a chest, but for now I'd like to get it to work properly and find out what I did wrong with it.

Good, if you just wanted the templar armor available, I would have fixed the code and not bothered with the telling you what you needed to fix.

1) Just a suggestion, a unique naming convention. For example, afgm_armor1_event_handler or variations, something that no one else can possibly be using as a naming convention. afgm_ because the letters probably mean something to you armor1_ in case you decide to add other armors. But start thinking about that so that you don't have to worry (as much) about mod conflicts.

2) Items, you didn't need to make them CORE_RESOURCE/Single Player, but that supposedly makes them available in Awakenings, so no harm in leaving them that way. The chest should be MyCustomItems/MyCustomItems - you don't need it in Awakenings :wink:

3) What is the script name in Manage Modules/Properties/Script?

4) my_event_handler.nss should be identified as the Script that the module runs (see #3) or should be identified in the PRCSCR file

5) my_custom_chest should not reference my_event_handler (I don't remember what the script name is, just restore the script name that was there before you changed it.)

6) replace TAL_IP_..... with your mod specific prefix/tags. Yes, I recognize where it came from, but if someone else adds a chest using the same tag from that tutorial your potential for mod conflicts increases.

7) Add some way of identifying the area. Currently it looks like it would (when corrected/updated) add this chest to every area.

And I also use DisplayFloatyMessage - a LOT.

After you get this working, we'll discuss efficiency and making sure that this script runs only when it needs to instead of checking to see if the chest should be placed everywhere that the GW goes!

1. I made a new module and used your suggestion, mainly because I don't want my mod to conflict with anyone else's.

3. Made sure my new script is selected for this.

5. Didn't touch the script for my container this time, left it alone.

6. So it should look like this then? Or do I also replace the "TAL_RESOURCE_IP_STORAGE_CHEST"?

//const string TAL_STORAGE_CHEST_SPAWNED = "TAL_STORAGE_CHEST_SPAWNED";

const string AFGM_ARMOR1_CONTAINER = "afgm_armor1_container";

const resource TAL_RESOURCE_IP_STORAGE_CHEST = R"afgm_armor1_container.utp";

void main()

{

object oMainControlled = GetMainControlled();

object oChest = UT_GetNearestObjectByTag(oMainControlled, AFGM_ARMOR1_CONTAINER);

//DisplayFloatyMessage(oMainControlled, "storage script working", FLOATY_MESSAGE, 16777215, 30.0);

if (!IsObjectValid(oChest))

{

location lSpawn = Location(GetArea(oMainControlled), Vector(148.77, 117.68, -0.94), 0.0);

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, TAL_RESOURCE_IP_STORAGE_CHEST, lSpawn);

//DisplayFloatyMessage(oMainControlled, "storage chest created", FLOATY_MESSAGE, 16777215, 30.0);

}

}

Edited by AFGMAlpha