Help with creating edgeblood mesh.

chaosvine

I was finally able to download your dagger .zip...IE8 was refusing to let me download it so I ended up getting Firefox. I'm not seeing blood meshes associated with your dagger in NifSkope or 3DS Max. I see the dagger and the scabbard but thats it. I unchecked the hidden flag in NifSkope and unhid all in Max but the blood layers simply aren't there. If you uncheck the hidden flag in NifSkope do you see the blood layers?

No I don't see them either. That's why I'm confused about how to go about creating them. I did the copy pasting my trishapedata into an existing blood effects trishape from a vanilla mesh. Was that incorrect? It appeared to me to be what the guy in the tutorial was doing. Maybe I missed something?

There is a problem with the UV map / mesh...at least with 11 NiTriShape:

http://666kb.com/i/c9iu23uel5ygirkgp.png

When you click on the normals you only see the points but no mesh, NUM TRIANGLES is set to 0 so there are no triangulated faces...therefor no visible mesh, another sign that something went wrong.

http://666kb.com/i/c9iuat8vxrb32ckt5.png

I would suggest to check, if the UV map of the blood mesh is displayed in your editor and when you copy/paste the shape in NifSkope don't use a new version, they tend to trash the UV map - NifSkope rc4 works for me...and redo both blood meshes.

Easiest way to check your .nif for such errors is menu: SPELLS => BATCH => UPDATE, when the log gives you error messages like in the pic something is wrong...or rightclick on each NiTriShape and TEXTURE => EDIT UV, when no UV map is shown but an error message means that there is a problem.

Edited by ghosu

Once you clean out your blood layer copy its branch then paste it into the main dagger like you did with the dagger and scabbard...then copy the data from the original blood layers except for the NiTrishapeData and paste those into yours.

You'll need to click your NiTriShape then scroll down into the lower portion on the screen to the bottom and open Properties, click none and type in the number by the BSShaderEffectsProperties, click None again and type in the number by the Nialpha Properties...both should "jump" into your NiTriShape.

I agree with Ghoshu about the latest version of NifSkope...I tried it and was having issues getting my meshes to show up in the Creation Kit....personally I've had good success with nifskope-1.1.0-rc7-i686-w32.7z which you can download here. Also, it looks like you're using the Daedric dagger to transfer your files into...I'd suggest using the steel dagger instead and starting from scratch in Nifskope.

Edited by Jennifur68

Once you clean out your blood layer copy its branch then paste it into the main dagger like you did with the dagger and scabbard...then copy the data from the original blood layers except for the NiTrishapeData and paste those into yours.

You'll need to click your NiTriShape then scroll down into the lower portion on the screen to the bottom and open Properties, click none and type in the number by the BSShaderEffectsProperties, click None again and type in the number by the Nialpha Properties...both should "jump" into your NiTriShape.

I agree with Ghoshu about the latest version of NifSkope...I tried it and was having issues getting my meshes to show up in the Creation Kit....personally I've had good success with nifskope-1.1.0-rc7-i686-w32.7z which you can download here. Also, it looks like you're using the Daedric dagger to transfer your files into...I'd suggest using the steel dagger instead and starting from scratch in Nifskope.

I downloaded the nifskope you suggested and installed, but now I can't see the textures on my model.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22707361/dagger+%282%29.zip

This is the updated dagger nif. I have compared it to the vanilla steel dagger nif several times and can't figure out what is wrong with it. All the values look correct. However, I do know it's something to do with the "Blood Effects" node. I took just Blood Effects out and the dagger works. Is it maybe something with the actual trishape? Do I need to remake it or something?

I noticed the blood effects mesh wasn't aligned in nifskope with the dagger mesh. I remade it. Still no luck, game still crashes. It has to be something with the settings, but I just don't see it.