We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Game keeps crashing...

Victorthelama

Hello,

For some reason, my FO4 keeps crashing. It happens completely randomly and I have no way to reproduce it. Attached is my log file of the most recent crash and below is my mod list with esm order. Quicksaving works, and I am on a fresh save so I can't try fast traveling yet.

And yes, I did run my mods through LOOT first.

Mods:

Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
DLCUltraHighResolution.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm 4.02
Headcrab_Bunny.esp
AWKCR - Nuka World.esp 4.02
AWKCR - Far Harbor.esp 4.02
AWKCR - Automatron.esp 4.02
SteyrAUGnv.esp
CapsWidget.esp
LooksMenu.esp
RaceCustomizer.esp
PIP-Pad.esp
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
PIP-Pad_LMCC.esp
PIP-Pad_RaceCustomizer.esp
CBBE.esp
AnimeRace_Nanako.esp
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp
PIP-Pad_Pip-BoyFlashlight.esp
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 3.60 GHz
NVIDIA RTX 2080
32 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home
Vortex Mod Manger
Edited by Victorthelama

Hello from Greece. i think ssd hard disks don't have the performance of hdd hard disks.

Try not to use F4SE, because this little program cause many many problems. Also, the new version of the game cause problems to F4SE.

i think Nexus mod manager community edition, now is the best mod manager.

That's all. Thanks.

Edited by Guest

A couple of things that I see wrong with your load order Victor.

All of your looksmenu plugins, are listed BEFORE looksmenu in your load order. They're not going to run like that.

The lmcc pip pad patch has been known to have issues with the pip pad.

Get rid of the hi-rez dlc plugin and all files that came with it. Those are garbage. They're totally NOT made for gaming.

while it's good to have the papyrus log, as it can lead to a few hints on scripts that are going wrong, it doesn't actually tell the reason for the crash. It actually crashes right before the game does. So it's not actually running when the game crashes, so it can't record the event.

Also if you're not running this mod, you need to. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

since November of last year, there is now an issue of game version compatibility with mod version. That patch gets rid of the problem.

Since you are running looksmenu, I assume that you have f4se installed. Which that patch requires.

Hope this is some help to you.

Storm

All of your looksmenu plugins, are listed BEFORE looksmenu in your load order. They're not going to run like that.

Get rid of the hi-rez dlc plugin and all files that came with it. Those are garbage. They're totally NOT made for gaming.

while it's good to have the papyrus log, as it can lead to a few hints on scripts that are going wrong, it doesn't actually tell the reason for the crash. It actually crashes right before the game does. So it's not actually running when the game crashes, so it can't record the event.

Also if you're not running this mod, you need to. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

since November of last year, there is now an issue of game version compatibility with mod version. That patch gets rid of the problem.

Since you are running looksmenu, I assume that you have f4se installed. Which that patch requires.

Storm

I went ahead and installed the program you linked and changed my load order so Looksmenu loads before the plugins for it. I also uninstalled the hi-rez dlc plugin. I was able to last longer with these changes, but I crashed when I took damage from a radroach in the vault.

Hello from Greece. i think many people will help you, if you edit your post and tell

The version of Fallout 4

What your computer have CPU / GPU / Ram and other

if you use a defrag program

What version of windows you use / 10 or 8.1 or 7

What mod manager

And if you sure that there is no missing mods, needed with those and there is no conflict issues

Fallout 4 is not a perfect game, so there is going to get crashes. is not normal but it happens

(At the future, while searching for other mods, try not to use, mods, add new enemies, because the game can't handle too many people around)

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and edited the original post.

Storm

I went ahead and installed the program you linked and changed my load order so Looksmenu loads before the plugins for it. I also uninstalled the hi-rez dlc plugin. I was able to last longer with these changes, but I crashed when I took damage from a radroach in the vault.

Hiya Victor. Ok. Well, this is a start. :)

Now, with your latest post, I see one very important part. I highlighted that in red.

With this game, you want to keep your load order as light as possible, until you have left the elevator outside the vault.

The reason for this is because there are TONS of activators and scripts inside the first two scenes of the game. And...well...they're easy to bork up.

Only run the very essential mods that you have to have for your starting character.

So here's my advice. Set as many of those mods that aren't essential to creating the character, inactive.

Make a new character, and run it until you get out of the vault. (AKA- you are able to exit the elevator on the outside of the vault.) Give the game a minute or two after you leave. I do mean a Minute or two. That will let all those things load up properly. Save the game. Exit the game.

Activate all the other mods in your load order, and then start the game again. If you are using a modmanager, before you start actually playing, click on the MODS option, then skip the login screen and choose the option for your LOAD ORDER.

VERIFY that all of your mods are active. If not, you need to set them as active in the game. I dunno why some mod managers have an issue with this, but sometimes they do.

Now, exit all of that, go back to the main menu options and pick LOAD. I myself don't use the Continue option. I just don't trust the way that bethesda games work, or their exit saves. So I always manually load the exit save, or the save that I make right before leaving the game.

I hope that this will help you out :)

-Storm

Thought of something else too. Since you are saying that this is happening inside the vault. And you're running all these mods while you're inside the vault. It kinda leads me to believe that this might be a new game to you?

IF you've been playing this game for a while, I apologize, and you can ignore the rest of this. Unless this is a fresh install of the game.

If you are new to this game, there are some other files that you need to make changes to. Either your fallout4.ini file or your falllout4 custom.ini file.

And I'm not sure if the anime race mod requires even further edits. Have you made those changes to your .ini files?

Thought of something else too. Since you are saying that this is happening inside the vault. And you're running all these mods while you're inside the vault. It kinda leads me to believe that this might be a new game to you?

IF you've been playing this game for a while, I apologize, and you can ignore the rest of this. Unless this is a fresh install of the game.

If you are new to this game, there are some other files that you need to make changes to. Either your fallout4.ini file or your falllout4 custom.ini file.

And I'm not sure if the anime race mod requires even further edits. Have you made those changes to your .ini files?

I'm new to the game, but I didn't know I had to make additional changes to the ini. Also, I played a lot further now, and I was able to get out of the vault. However, it crashed when I got close to Sanctuary Hills. I determined that the crash wasn't consistant with me taking damage, but was fairly consistant with me getting close to Sanctuary Hills (I've crashed at least 3 times getting past the fence gate where the skeletons are).