Finding specific location in CK

anb2004

Just created simple hideouts (5 exactly, with new cell) and now i just need to place some hidden entrance (the door marker) around skyrim...i've located several good spots for them while playing, but i do have some problem to find the spot exactly in CK. i've tried tracked it down from nearest town/known place. only could find 3 of them, the 2 is bit difficult coz its kinda middle of nowhere.

i remember in FO3/FNV there is someone mention about console command to know exactly world spaces coordinates, coz i know the world spaces numbering/coordinates in CK is meant for something.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

I assume you know what I'm about to say, but saying anyway just in case...

The name of the Cell the render window is showing is displayed in the Render windows bar on extreme (top) left of the window. To locate a Cell within C.K. I find the nearest named location in-game, go to in within C.K. and load this location then fly / move the camera to the area you want. Check the Cells name within the Render windows bar. Providing it's not "Landscape", then it can be located by going to Cell View window, in World Space option put "Tamriel", highlight an item within EditorID section, start to type your Cell / location name, find and load it.

Your desired Cell is part of the general landscape, I can only assume that you'll either have to manually go to this location from the nearest named location, or hope that someone (actually useful) posts here with information regarding world space coordinates. If I find any more info I'll post back...

Update: According a quick Google search (which brought me back to Nexus Forums) the console command coordinates function was removed in Skyrim. The following is a modders resource for general map coordinates:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2251

Edited by LargeStyle

Update: According a quick Google search (which brought me back to Nexus Forums) the console command coordinates function was removed in Skyrim.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but

player.getpos x

player.getpos y

work for me.

Acidzebra's mod is a pretty nifty solution, though.

Edited by DreamKingMods

I assume you know what I'm about to say, but saying anyway just in case...

The name of the Cell the render window is showing is displayed in the Render windows bar on extreme (top) left of the window. To locate a Cell within C.K. I find the nearest named location in-game, go to in within C.K. and load this location then fly / move the camera to the area you want. Check the Cells name within the Render windows bar. Providing it's not "Landscape", then it can be located by going to Cell View window, in World Space option put "Tamriel", highlight an item within EditorID section, start to type your Cell / location name, find and load it.

Your desired Cell is part of the general landscape, I can only assume that you'll either have to manually go to this location from the nearest named location, or hope that someone (actually useful) posts here with information regarding world space coordinates. If I find any more info I'll post back...

Update: According a quick Google search (which brought me back to Nexus Forums) the console command coordinates function was removed in Skyrim. The following is a modders resource for general map coordinates:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2251

yes, i'm aware of that i just thought there is a way to know about the coordinates within the game. thats why i'm asking is there some console command to get it...and yes after doing some researching i found that clicking some item/object in world/cell will have ID that can be use to track down where it placed in tamriel world space with CK..

thanks for the link LargeStyle, definitely helpfull. :wink:

Actually, this bugged me so much that your post prompted me to write a little mod which adds a book which will tell you what cell you're currently in.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27855/

wow, oh man thank you so much for that. Finding world space location is always been a difficult to find unlike finding cell..and you just make it easier, so thank you once again Acid :thumbsup:. definitely gonna throw you kudos and hope everyone will do too.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but

player.getpos x

player.getpos y

work for me.

Acidzebra's mod is a pretty nifty solution, though.

yeah i think it might be that, coz never tried using that before. X and Y maybe was the actual number/coordinate to match it in CK Cellview. thanks for the info DreamKingMods :yes: