First-person lighting glitch (unplayable in first person)

NocturnalPossum

Hello everyone, I have had this problem for a while now.

I will include pictures; however when in first person mode, any lighting, torches, magic on hands, etc

creates a glitch and coloring issues. The magic or lighting takes on various colors; while everything else is turned a flashing, pulsating bright yellow

This only occurs in first person, and as long as you dont enter first person with magic equipped or near torches, the glitch does not occur

Thank you all

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111723339

hopefully I linked the pictures correctly

I'm pretty sure the game is up-to-date

I actually updated my steam this morning...

Yeah, I have no mods or anything, these are just any spells that create lighting effects on the hands or other places...

Or torches, glowing coals, lanterns, candles...

It is the weirdest thing

Now forgive my ignorance, but how would I update Skyrim?

Edited by NocturnalPossum

Skyrim update itself when online of Steam, selfupdate,

Ah i see, then perhaps i re-validation on Steam can solve it, if it happened after you updated steam,

Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

One thing I noticed today was that lightning effects do not create the yellow flashing, however fire-based and healing spells do. I'm not sure if it is a graphics card issue or a game glitch

Are the pictures I linked to helping you understand the issue?

I did as you suggested, I'll see how it works now and post up

Edit*

Well, no change in things, still have that bug...anything else I might try?

Edited by NocturnalPossum

Sorry dident notice you edited your previus answer, make new one instead, you wrothe you dident have any mods installed,

so you have never had any mods installed on your current Skyrim? like ENB perhaps an ENB thats making the light glitch, i am realy out fishing here,

but cant think its your grafic driver either, as its normal in 3rd view, have you tryed zoom in on your char in 3rd and see if there is something strange about the spell/s?

its strange it only affects first person view

I have ZERO mods!

And I have a Radeon HD 5670 (1GB gddr; DX11 compatible) graphics card, the game looks fantastic on higher levels

It's just this bug...it ruins the gameplay when I am blinded by this yellow blinking, flashing lighting effect

I'm not sure what the problem is.

I really appreciate your time and help Shadiva :)

I just don't know who to ask or where to get the problem solved

Yeah np my friend, but gonna logg now for need some sleep before i having dinner with my workfriends tomorow, so sending this link for you to Betsoft Forums,

for in this case, the more chefs the better! :laugh:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/180-pc/

will be bak tomorow late evening to see how it goes for you :blush:

Chive on my friend!

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old forum and I just recently had this problem so if anyone else has it in the future here's how I fixed it after looking a long time and trying everything and nothing worked. I haven't seen this anywhere but I tried showracemenu and everything went back to normal after I proceeded out of it. LOVES!!!