Daedric Princes

Neji64

I was always wondering something about the Daedric Princes. In the last few games you have been able to become the champions of each prince and more then one of them. What I have always wondered is that each time you become a champion that Daedric prince has the right to your soul when you die. If you are champion to all of them, whose plane of existence do you get sent to? Would this cause some massive war amongst them, especially in the case of the dragonborn?

Maybe I am just over thinking this but I have always been curious about the fate of my character after they die, especially if I am champion to multiple princes. I was just wondering what ideas other people had on this.

The characters you play in TES games are not subject to the normal rules. They are creatures of destiny, carrying with them the ability to determine the course of the universe, and as such are, in part at least, greater than the Daedra. They are more agents of the Scrolls themselves, and likely cease to be in a very literal sense when their task is done.

Unless said task is to become Sheogorath so that both the Madgod and the Prince of Order may exist at the same time...

ya..actually I think pretty much that Sheogorath merely toyed with your mind...a herald of dragon break cannot simply replace a Daedra.

After each dragon break the hero simply dissolves (I think) ceases to be as there is no purpose for him / her afterwards.

That is precisely why I never actually follow the main quest line in elder scrolls games (yep technically I didn't finish any of them so far).

Neither Morrowind nor Oblivion involved Dragonbreaks though. Those tend to be rather dramatic and easily noticable by the magically inclined, and theres no doccumented evidence to show that they occured during those periods. Instead, we are given vague indications that certian events happened (such as the fall of the Blackwood Company and the incedent with the Mages Guild) at the time of the Oblivion Crisis, with no mention of who was behind them, and everything in Morrowind is kept particularly nondiscript.

I’ve wondered that too.

For example, there are several "divine beings" and ideologies.

The Divines, Dragons and Alcuin which are spawn of The Divines, Human Conceptual Divines, Bearers of Fate (Dragonborn, Oblivion Hero etc), Daadric Princes and then others.

I’ve always wondered the order of power in which they exist, whether the Daedric princes serve as the equivalent of the Devil or other "anti-good" deities or whether they represent mere aspects of human existence such as greed, treachery, destruction and whether the Divines represent more constructive concepts of humanity.

while I am not sure about Morrowind, I believe that Oblivion changed few things in the world (Empire related at least).

But that's me, I always roleplay a character who walks in the shadows throughtout eras passing by crucial events unseen since daggerfall. As for Daedric princes they govern variety of such aspects, deviations etc etc. Which is why since daggerfall daedric princes are still the most interesting deities to me. As for the role they play actually it's not that clear as some of them are not considered inherently evil.

I’ve wondered that too.

The Divines, Dragons and Alcuin which are spawn of The Divines, Human Conceptual Divines, Bearers of Fate (Dragonborn, Oblivion Hero etc), Daadric Princes and then others.

I’ve always wondered the order of power in which they exist, whether the Daedric princes serve as the equivalent of the Devil or other "anti-good" deities or whether they represent mere aspects of human existence such as greed, treachery, destruction and whether the Divines represent more constructive concepts of humanity.

The true Divine entities are all representations of an aspect of reality. Mara IS love, Dagon IS destruction, Akatosh IS time. None are good or evil, they simply are. Even the divine entities which do not interact with Nirn, such as Magnus, are still only multifaceted reflections of an aspect (in this case Magic).

The PC's reflect, IMO, the aspect of destiny. Transition from one aspect to another is possible (we saw this both with Dagon and with Malakath) which means it should be possible for a PC to actually 'replace' a Daedra, once their initial purpose is fulfiled.

Aspect of destiny sounds quite interesting, but apart from Dragonborn the "pc-hero" concept so far is a mortal being thrown into the events.

apart from Dragonborn I mean, that so far no pc hero possessed abilities that made him /her if only partially equal to "eye of the storm".

I mean..and with this I completely agree with Thalmor...no mortal should be offered a deification as if such would happen then, the Dragonborn

is the most eligible to ascend into divinity which means (technically) that the pantheon would apart from Talos gain one more aspect making it ten divines as no matter what shaped the dragonborn throughout the entire campaign I doubt any Daedra would be interested in such being , only those seeking to corrupt him / her. And of course Daedras maintain rather "thin-ice" relationship between each other..so for example it's impossible to represent Boethiah and Molag Bal at once or Clavicus Vile and Hircine. While I am not saying it is entirely impossible I believe that not likely as

why would be any Daedra considering to offer the throne of it's realm to a mortal (making Sheogorath an exception cause his gain was pretty much worth of such bargain).

Regarding Sheogorath I have two theories...1st he just toyed with you the whole time.

2nd: The "Skyrim" Sheogorath is indeed you and since daedric deities are not bound just to one form, perhaps "you" chose the most convenient form to rule over shivering isles and to toy with mortals as hes always depicted as such.

Though impressed enough Daedras would most likely either one-time reward you or offer you a rather lucrative place in their realms, once you pass to death of course.

On the other note there are few legends regarding mortals becoming major or minor deities.

Sai, Tiber Septim, or dunmer living gods.

Edited by k361

I’ve wondered that too.

Yet only a few of them, such as Molag Bal and Boethia, seem truly anti-good. Meridia and Azura strike me as being pretty far over on the good side, and perhaps Malacath as well. Sanguine seems mostly harmless except for causing a little chaos. Hircine isn't out to conquer the world or anything, but just loves a good hunt and is equally happy whether the hunter or the prey wins as long as it was challenging for both. Some, such as Peryite, strike me as ambiguous.

There seems to be a great deal of variety among the Daedric Princes, so they can't really be categorized as a group. It makes me wonder if there is as much variety among the Aedra, but we never get a chance to interact directly with them as we do the Daedra.