Goris

Nanolathe

I think after Fallout 2, Goris might want to stay on the EDIT: west coast, what with the Enclave migrating to the EDIT: east coast, maybe he became a fellow guardian of Arroyo. Could be cool to have him in one of the "Return to the West Coast" mods though.

Nanolathe, and Midicow you are talking about EVERYTHING I am trying to convey about race mods for Fallout 3 and much more!

I will jump on board the GECK wagon when it comes out but I my understanding of "creating" is limited to map editing and changing item variables...

Perhaps some other folks in the mod community will think appreciatively of your posts also with more bumps?

Nanolathe, and Midicow you are talking about EVERYTHING I am trying to convey about race mods for Fallout 3 and much more!

I will jump on board the GECK wagon when it comes out but I my understanding of "creating" is limited to map editing and changing item variables...

Perhaps some other folks in the mod community will think appreciatively of your posts also with more bumps?

While I think it'd be cool to play as Deathclaw, I'm pretty sure it'll just make the whole birth sequence weird and awkward... or maybe I just misunderstood what you meant about "race mods".

You'd just have to have new "birth" scenes for each species/race/thing..

Pick the species and you'd have a start scene related.. obviously deathclaws are hatched.. ghouls are just heavily radiated and sterile humans that live a really really long time.. robots/androids are *usually* built.. etc

The tricky part would either be inventing a new main quest or integrating the species/race/thing with the main quest.

Why would a sentient Deathclaw, a ghoul or an android from some secret lab go searching for a doctor that had recently escaped vault 101?

I can think up a few ways to do this but creativity is the modder's job, conceptualizational people just conceptualize.

Not sure why the overseer would let Dad in with a ghoul.. maybe a robot.. **(MAYBE)* a pet baby deathclaw.. but

Really I'd expect alternate start locations and npcs and such.. cause alternate species don't really make much sense with what we have for a starter/tutorial dungeon atm.

Archived