data 3 cab

Alundar

Got something like that. I was going to instal bloodmoon on a PC and it worked but when I should instal it on my other PC it said that it were missing data3.cab

This error message will occur if the transfer rate of the CD-ROM falls below 100 bytes per second (bps). Below are several suggestions to help keep the transfer rate from falling below 100 bytes per second (bps).

First, check to make sure the program CD-ROM itself is clean and free of marks. To clean the CD-ROM, take a soft damp cloth and wipe the bottom side of the CD-ROM starting from the inside and working towards the outside. Once cleaned check the bottom (silver) side of the CD-ROM for any marks, scratches, smudges, or dust particles. Repeat as necessary until the CD-ROM is clean.

Once the CD-ROM has been cleaned and before attempting to reinstall the program, try the next to suggestions.

First, clean out the Windows Temp folder:

- Open Windows Explorer and find the folder C:\Windows\Temp.

- Once in this folder, Click on View, then Folder Options. Click on the View tab, then click on Show all files to place a check by it. Click on Apply, then OK.

- Click on Edit at the top of the screen, then Select All, then click on File, then Delete. Answer Yes to any of the prompts that appear.

- Once this is done, close all open windows.

This will remove all the unnecessary files that are generally left over from the installation of other programs and prevent further problems with the installation of other programs. Once this is done, restart the computer. When the computer is done restarting, close all background applications. To close all background applications, press CTRL+ALT+DEL once. This will bring up the Close Programs dialog box. To End Task on a program, highlight its name in the list and click the End Task button. End Task on all but Explorer and Systray. Once all background applications are closed, try installing the program again.

Archived