(WIP) Ion Sniper Rifle

onyko

4 things ;)

i hate the colour... lol :P

What color do you think would be more appropriate? most of the colors came from the laser rifle with the exception of the cheek-plate and buttstock padding. Also change the warning labels and symbols from orange to blue.

11k polies is way too much... 5k is atm the standard max

just "edge out" some of these curves a bit noone will notice anyway...

and i bet you have tons of unused vertices aswell... X---------X--------X can be X--------------------X (prolly you know and did that yet but i cant see it on your renders)

Like i said previously, i'm trying to find a way to get "normal maps baked" onto a lower poly version.

you dont need any skinning to get it ingame... just replace a vanilla mesh with it (it only needs a few nodes anyway on where to put the hands)

(we cant skin yet as we have no importer/exporter for skeletons yet)

To me skinning is texturing, I've got that done already, wasn't looking for skinning help. I was looking for instructions to get it in game or someone that wants to put it in game, maybe to work together to do that. my model doesn't work, i can go back and change some of the geometry.

youll have to change the reloading animation as there is none comparable yet and we cant make new animations atm and prolly wont be in the future as according to the great mighty and incredible awesome (sure no cynism on my side) saidenstorm the amount of animations is hardcoded and cant be changed... only a few slots are left open and itll be a hard battle on who takes em... (ridiculous game design if thats true imo)

maybe just put the clip in somewhere on the bottom of the rifle like the AR's or check the ingame weapons for somin that might suit your mesh in some way (i know its hard... had to change my rifle to a pistol to have the gun animate as the mesh suggests lol)

That kinda sucks a lot. Do you think they'll give that opportunity with the G.E.C.K? if not, should i post this on another forum?

youll have to change the reloading animation as there is none comparable yet and we cant make new animations atm and prolly wont be in the future as according to the great mighty and incredible awesome (sure no cynism on my side) saidenstorm the amount of animations is hardcoded and cant be changed... only a few slots are left open and itll be a hard battle on who takes em... (ridiculous game design if thats true imo)

maybe just put the clip in somewhere on the bottom of the rifle like the AR's or check the ingame weapons for somin that might suit your mesh in some way (i know its hard... had to change my rifle to a pistol to have the gun animate as the mesh suggests lol)

That kinda sucks a lot. Do you think they'll give that opportunity with the G.E.C.K? if not, should i post this on another forum?

From what the hubbub is, it sounds like the GECK will allow you to add your own animations. Coming out this december, so there's no need for much of a wait. ^.^

Archived