The multiverse!

Lawlacaust

I could have done 1 of a 100 things this morning instead of typing on this thread and you could have done 1 in 1000 things besides read it, but here we both are. I think that those other 100 or 1000 things did get done, but in a different dimension - all possible outcomes known to the creator of our reality

I think I'm going to do one of those other 999 things right now.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

However I share the same theory as you op. I've tried to explain it to others but it is too abstract for the masses I guess.

You're also being quite pessimistic with your numbers. From the beginning of time each verse has branched off and yet again branched off from those verses. At this point in time the number would be staggering. Like trying to count the molecules that make up our own universe.

The whole dreams and (pineal) gland thing is a bit whacky though.

Edited by FrickleSnitz

I think I'm going to do one of those other 999 things right now.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

However I share the same theory as you op. I've tried to explain it to others but it is too abstract for the masses I guess.

You're also being quite pessimistic with your numbers. From the beginning of time each verse has branched off and yet again branched off from those verses. At this point in time the number would be staggering. Like trying to count the molecules that make up our own universe.

The whole dreams and (pineal) gland thing is a bit whacky though.

Read Discworld. Pratchett explores that concept an awful lot in his books. In a humourous way of course.

H. Beam Piper also did stories based on this concept in the late 1950s and early 1960s - And had an entire series of stories based on a culture that is able to move across the various universes. He called it Paratime. Some is now public domain and can be read FREE

Link: http://freesfonline.de/authors/H.%20Beam_Piper.html

Good site for a lot of public domain or author approved FREE reading. :biggrin:

that's just the pop culture view right. the actual theory relates to all potential events, so all the possible places an electron can be around a single atom will exist in an alternative universe. so infinite alternatives is going to be some more than 1000, and an infinite number of those other universes will be identical to our own. given that, there is definitely a version of you in one of those that can perceive other universes in their dreams, but what are the chances that it's you?

that's just the pop culture view right. the actual theory relates to all potential events, so all the possible places an electron can be around a single atom will exist in an alternative universe. so infinite alternatives is going to be some more than 1000, and an infinite number of those other universes will be identical to our own. given that, there is definitely a version of you in one of those that can perceive other universes in their dreams, but what are the chances that it's you?

Thats the physics talking. In conjunction with the total range of possibility in regards to gravitation abd the basic laws of reality. But things start to get really confusing when you consider the infinate possible configurations of natural law, on top of the infinate configurations of energy within a like-law universe. As such, there are infinate, infinate alternate realities... Or potential realities, with only one coalessing as reality.

Experiencing them through your dreams.. Thats not so good biology. We're actually pretty sure we know what dreams are, and how they work, and their certianly windows into another world (IE the subconcious) but not other realities.