ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

My follower wont go into buildings? (look in here!)

DrPepper715

Hello,

In the GECK I made a follower who follows me wherever I go but I have a problem.

The npc wont go into buildings. ex: I went into the Super Duper Mart with him but he did not go inside with me, I came outside to find him waiting for me even though I cant give him any commands via dialogue to wait or show me his inventory etc. but he does fast travel with me. I looked in the GECK to see if anything was wrong and the package is fine.

Any Ideas?

Please Help.

Thanks

Hello,

In the GECK I made a follower who follows me wherever I go but I have a problem.

The npc wont go into buildings. ex: I went into the Super Duper Mart with him but he did not go inside with me, I came outside to find him waiting for me even though I cant give him any commands via dialogue to wait or show me his inventory etc. but he does fast travel with me. I looked in the GECK to see if anything was wrong and the package is fine.

Any Ideas?

Please Help.

Thanks

Do other followers go into buildings with you? If so then you may have missed something. Have you checked all your activated mods with FO3Edit for compatibility issues? I've never actually created a follower in FO3 GECK, so I don't don't know what else to say except... good luck.

SirRomin, to answer your question. Yes, other followers go into buildings , fast travel, etc. I have not checked the compatibility using FO3Edit yet.. I will and give an update. One thing is it is a mod ported from Fallout: New Vegas which makes sense why the followers might not go into buildings. I can also post the script if you want. Im not an expert at scripting but everything seems normal for the NPC. The original file is "SmileyCats Army Commander resource" for fnv. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

SirRomin, to answer your question. Yes, other followers go into buildings , fast travel, etc. I have not checked the compatibility using FO3Edit yet.. I will and give an update. One thing is it is a mod ported from Fallout: New Vegas which makes sense why the followers might not go into buildings. I can also post the script if you want. Im not an expert at scripting but everything seems normal for the NPC. The original file is "SmileyCats Army Commander resource" for fnv. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

I've never used the FONV GECK, and I'd most likey be totaly lost. I'm no script wizard either! I wrote some simple scripts for my mod, but pulled most of hair out in the process, so now I have to wear a hood. :biggrin:

Good luck with the mod!

I've never used the FONV GECK, and I'd most likey be totaly lost. I'm no script wizard either! I wrote some simple scripts for my mod, but pulled most of hair out in the process, so now I have to wear a hood. :biggrin:

Good luck with the mod!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Anyway. Anyone? I tried to re-make the package in the "follow Target" part and I ignored Cell and set Ref to Playerref. all the other mods I made have followers that don't have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

DrPepper715 - Hello!

The only thing I can think of is, has your NPC got "No Low Level Processing" ticked?

If it is ticked, untick it as it prevents the NPC from updating their AI if the player is not in the same cell.

This setting is fine for NPC's that don't leave their cell, it's a good way to save resources in game.

It's no good for NPC's that need to follow you from one cell to another.

If your NPC is using another as a Template who has No Low Level Processing ticked, you will need to unitck the "Use Base Data" box on your NPC in order to be able to untick No Low Level Processing.

I do notice other vanilla companions have "Quest item" ticked too but I think that just prevents their bodies being cleaned away after death & also increases the priority of their AI handling.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I was assuming that your follower was an NPC & not a Creature, Because Creatures have a "Can't open doors" box that would prevent them using any doors even teleport doors if ticked.

Prensa

Edited by prensa

DrPepper715 - Hello!

The only thing I can think of is, has your NPC got "No Low Level Processing" ticked?

If it is ticked, untick it as it prevents the NPC from updating their AI if the player is not in the same cell.

This setting is fine for NPC's that don't leave their cell, it's a good way to save resources in game.

It's no good for NPC's that need to follow you from one cell to another.

If your NPC is using another as a Template who has No Low Level Processing ticked, you will need to unitck the "Use Base Data" box on your NPC in order to be able to untick No Low Level Processing.

I do notice other vanilla companions have "Quest item" ticked too but I think that just prevents their bodies being cleaned away after death & also increases the priority of their AI handling.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I was assuming that your follower was an NPC & not a Creature, Because Creatures have a "Can't open doors" box that would prevent them using any doors even teleport doors if ticked.

Prensa

YOU ARE A GOD PRENSA! :dance:

Prensa, the suggestion you made works. The npc's go into buildings now... but there is still one more problem. They are (excuse my language) f***ing retarded in battle or fights. they roam off, stop fighting, aim their guns up in the air and stand there with angry looks on there faces. and they get lost

Any ideas?

Thanks !

DrPepper715 - Hello!

"Prensa, the suggestion you made works. The npc's go into buildings now."

Glad that fixed it! :)

"but there is still one more problem.... they roam off, stop fighting, aim their guns up in the air and stand there with angry looks on there faces. and they get lost

Any ideas? "

I've not got much experience with followers.

I take it you're using a Follow package to make them follow the player?

If so, make sure the "Continue During Combat" is ticked in their package. It's listed under "Flags" in the Package window of the Follow package.

Other than that, check the combat style isn't set to something it shouldn't be, Default seems to be the standard for followers.

I note that vanilla companions also have "Enable Fallout Behaviour" unticked in their Follow packages.

Under that column they just have "Friendly fire comments" & "Allow Idle Chatter" ticked.

Try mimicking those settings & see if that helps their combat.

Prensa

DrPepper715 - Hello!

"Prensa, the suggestion you made works. The npc's go into buildings now."

Glad that fixed it! :)

"but there is still one more problem.... they roam off, stop fighting, aim their guns up in the air and stand there with angry looks on there faces. and they get lost

Any ideas? "

I've not got much experience with followers.

I take it you're using a Follow package to make them follow the player?

If so, make sure the "Continue During Combat" is ticked in their package. It's listed under "Flags" in the Package window of the Follow package.

Other than that, check the combat style isn't set to something it shouldn't be, Default seems to be the standard for followers.

I note that vanilla companions also have "Enable Fallout Behaviour" unticked in their Follow packages.

Under that column they just have "Friendly fire comments" & "Allow Idle Chatter" ticked.

Try mimicking those settings & see if that helps their combat.

Prensa

OK! Ill try that out man.