Medals and other decorations?

leotheEliteMajor117

Well, since we have the distributed necklaces mod, I also want medals and other decorations bcoz, why not? To add diversity and also, more vanity. Medals like medal of honor, Honor medals from school students with high grades, military medals for the NCR for their heroic actions. Something like Iron Crosses and other german medals cuz they look cool, or chinese ones to support the American-Sino Nuclear war, where you find the medals of the brave and honourable from their corpses, medals still in good condition, and maybe too other decorations?

Because it's the wasteland, there may been students that have medals in their houses still in good condition, or U.S Military veteran medals in their walls just hanged, prolly still hanging, or dead chinese soldiers, where their medals were stolen by prospectors and raiders just to either decorate themselves or sell it for caps. Just a simple mod, for more vanity and diversity of the clothing in NV.

Yeah I think it would add some character, but I'm a bit concerned about rigging. Medals tend to hang lower and will be impacted by the outfits your wearing so clipping becomes a problem. I don't think it would be a hassle to cut and paste from existing assets to a *specific* outfit or armor, but I don't know if it can be a general mod for all outfits like the necklace one you mentioned......because the neck is bare much more often in outfits than the chest is (and that's where most medals are going to rest).

Did you have any specific medals in mind, that you saw in game, or are you asking for new ones to be created?

I have a bunch of medals that are clutter items. They are not wearable. The idea is that you find them in dressers or on shelves in homes. They will be in the next release of my resource pack.

I current have the Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, Distinguished Service Medal, Medal of Honor, Prisoner of War Medal, Purple Heart, Rifleman, Silver Star, and Soldier's Medal.

I also have the NCR Golden Branch medal, NCR Purple Heart, and the Legion Hoover Dam Gold Coin.

Again, not wearable, so I don't know if you are interested in them at all or not.

The ribbons of all medals should be made enough to cover up the neck and necklaces from the Distributed Necklaces mod. Thus, allowing the character to wear both a necklace and medal at the same time.

Yes. Some new ones, maybe Iron Crosses of medals of Germany, or medals for the Chinese military. If I were to give lore to these medals, U.S declared war on Germany right? So there could have been possibly some germans that made it to american soil to fight the Americans, and random prospectors or raiders scavenged them for vanity/money? Also same goes with the Chinese. And since NV was, imo, barely invaded, medals like these of German and Chinese are rarer, and American are much morecommon, given by what madmongo above of where they are found.

So yeah, I'm not able to think how it looks like exactly.

The ribbons of all medals should be made enough to cover up the neck and necklaces from the Distributed Necklaces mod. Thus, allowing the character to wear both a necklace and medal at the same time.

That really doesn't solve the problem though, that I mentioned in re: to rigging and the various outfits/armor. Unless your saying to make the ribbon of the medal into a sort of "choker" and I don't think that's where your going with that.

I'd suggest perusing my previous post so you better understand the issue with rigging. I mean I can try a one solution fits all, but it's probably going to clip pretty badly with some types of medals. However if you want, and we can find some models that fit the bill, we could try.

Also we should probably make some distinctions between medals that hand low on a ribbon like Olympic, medals that are pinned to the chest (many military) and some in between (medal of honor). The low hanging and the medals pinned to the chest are probably going to clip like crazy.....with the clipping being determined by the type of outfit.

The medal of honor types are more like a necklace, so I could see them working almost as well as the necklace mods and they would probably be the most viable (if I tweak them a bit).

If I were to give lore to these medals, U.S declared war on Germany right?

I'm no lore master, but I don't believe so. They were part of the European commonwealth during fallout times, and much like other parts of the commonwealth did not have open hostilities toward the U.S. of fallout's world (or at least no more so than the rest of the commonwealth).

Hmm, I see now. Wearing armors sure does hide the medals tho, and this could really be difficult. I really do think this mod would be pretty hard now I realized it. But, yeah, maybe we could try finding some models that would fit. Also medals would be restricted being wore on power armor due to their sheer t h i c c n e s s. How about that?

Hmm, I see now. Wearing armors sure does hide the medals tho,

Also medals would be restricted being wore on power armor due to their sheer t h i c c n e s s. How about that?

Hi, so we can add a bit of code to the medals and it can take a few different forms. Essentially we're just moving the medal forward or back on (closer or further from the top of the chest/neck area), then a script can check if your wearing heavy, medium or light armor and automatically equip the correct model. Alternately you can do the same thing with formlists. It sounds like it's a lot of extra work, but it just takes a few seconds to make the adjustments in blender and export for each model.

I might have time to start on a demo tonight, as I should have the evening off.

One thing we have to be aware of is there are a limited number of body slots in NV, and I know you had mentioned wearing the necklace mod (IIRC) at the same time. One could "bump" the other out of it's body slot and unequip it, so I might have to make a patch (and by patch I mean a model that includes both, and a bit of code to see if your equiping one while the other is already in it's body slot). I haven't done that before but I think I have a grasp on how it would work.

Anyway leave me some feedback on whether you want to use this *with* distributed necklaces.

I have a bunch of medals that are clutter items. They are not wearable. The idea is that you find them in dressers or on shelves in homes. They will be in the next release of my resource pack.

Hey Modmongo, would it be possible to grab those medals from you, if they are going to be a resource anyway. It would save me a lot of time, as I'm inordinately slow at making textures.