Changing ENB files - few questions

Windmaker13

They told you everything about enbseries.ini file, this maybe result pert from me, but give a look to my 0.123 configuration and take the values as base, I don't use any light mod or color balance mod, it's all done with the ENB, hope this help you..

(http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27952)

Edited by darkgondul

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ darkgondul: I'm having a quiet Sunday so I thought I'd try you're ENB preset. I actually really like the visual style of it, it comes across quite cinematic. Only thing is that it seemed to lack a little in contrast to me, and by this I mean both screen setup of contrast and lighting contrasts. I totally respect all modders and their work as I know how hard it can be to make a mod, but with all due respect I had a quick play with your settings, changing contrast and tonemapping within the enbeffect.fx file and direct and indirect lighting within the enbseries.ini and it's made quite a difference, while retaining your dark theme....

Original

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/387/tesv2012120912120813.jpg

Tweaked

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8962/tesv2012120912152111.jpg

It's just my opinion so obviously feel free to ignore me :D

No thanks btw, but the strange things is that, me and my beta tester didn't get the "Original" appearence, CoT seems useless in the first screen, uhm :blink:

Edit:

Made other test just to be sure on different day times, and again I don't have your "original" appearance effect, here's the result;

I can't figure out why you've that appearance, i don't use any light mod just like you, the only "light" mod that I use it's Claralux, but don't change the vanilla light radius amount or modify the ambient light in some way if i good remember :\

Edited by darkgondul

Made other test just to be sure on different day times, and again I don't have your "original" appearance effect, here's the result;

I can't figure out why you've that appearance, i don't use any light mod just like you, the only "light" mod that I use it's Claralux, but don't change the vanilla light radius amount or modify the ambient light in some way if i good remember :\

Just looked at your new pictures on your mod page, and yeah it doesn't look anything like my first picture. Saying that, I saw the mod description page stated it was compatible with COT, but I didn't realise that it's perhaps recommended. The pics I posted had no lighting mods whatsoever.

I made a quick video with your settings (with the adjustments from picture 2) along with my own (soon to be released) lighting mod. Apologies for the poor quality, am new to uploading to YouTube and don't know yet how to make it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEd5kVy8-ug

Uhm need some new beta tester then to see the effective final result without mistakes about what a "hell i'm realising", i noticed the lenz reflection effect it's high during the day time, let's me see what i can get, maybe I can resolve by using the indirect light adjustment and the shadow strenght during the day;

Apologise for what? It's fantastic, think about it I don't even know how to make a video without a loss of frames xD

Yeah don't just take my word for it, I'm paranoid that there's something wrong with my setup, but I've just double checked and I can't see anything wrong. I reinstalled your mod from your download page, tried both wrapper and injector 0.123 ENBs, tried COT and my mod again, and for me your files still result in picture 1. On the COT test, the shadows did look a little darker, but I think only because the whole image (direct lighting and everything) was also darker.

Yeah the lense flare is somewhat bright. You should stand in front of a giants fire in the middle of the night, it's kinda overwhelming.

FWIW: here's your enbseries.ini and enbeffect.fx that I adjusted to make picture 2:

Tweaked Files

Edited by LargeStyle